Re: [Partially FIXED] Loading family just loads Map again - Please update your g

by McGrath_SM

Original Post

Re: [Partially FIXED] Loading family just loads Map again - Please update your g

★ Novice

What Origin users I have no files to delete?

@crinrict wrote:

The Patch 1.3.32.1010 is out and some causes to this issues have been fixed. There is still people having issues, please see below for suggestion

• Make sure your game is updated. Since this time the gameversion.txt does not get updated on it's own, you need to delete the file (found here: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\, then start the game and then check if has the newest version.
  • Please check if you have any generic lot types in your town, instead of residental and if so, try changing the lot type to residental.
  • Try if your game works if you move the following file to the desktop: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves\slot_00000001.save. That is the auto save and can bork stuff if it's bad.
  •  Make sure it's not an incompatilble mod causing the issue for you.
  • Repair the game or the packs as suggested by BartSimpson249

For anyone still having the issue and not having any generic lots, please zip this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and upload to mediafire or dropbox. Then post the the link. I can't promise to look at all of the but EA is still reading this thread and borked savegames help to reproduce the error. 

Update 1 (via EA_Nils): Thank you for your continued reports. We have made progress with this issue and expect to implement a fix in an upcoming patch. Stay tuned.

Hi guys,

Thanks all for participating in this thread. I know everyone is furstrated and I wish I had a better solution but MAXIS IS aware and are trying to fix this. Most have been out for vacation during the holidays so it's taking longer than anyone has hoped.

Please be patient.

What If you use orgin and have no files?

Message 971 of 1,431 (539 Views)

Hero

@GrubleGry Just some advice about cc/mods: Just because it always worked, doens't mean it still does. Every update changes stuff and that puts cc and especially mods at risk of being broken. So, if you run into issue, removing it is always one of the first steps you should take.

@kaykayzabray Did you try the solutions posted on the first page ?

@noemiegn Please english only here. You can post in the french forum if you want to post in french: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Les-Sims-4-Francais/bd-p/Les-Sims-4-FR

@Funkyblueeyes You're welcome to share your savegame if you want

@stchris409 I'll give that a try later today

@Autumn_J6 There are several reasons for this problem and they need to fix them all. So if you have a savegame to share, that would greatly help

@brookie19904 They fixed one issue but there are more. Did you try all the suggestions on the first page ?

@McGrath_SM Not sure what you mean by no files to delete. Everyone uses Origin (well, if bought legaly that is)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 972 of 1,431 (507 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Can't select a family or Travel?

★★★ Newbie

@naomieek wrote:
I am experiencing the same problem! If i want to play with a family i get a loading screen and then im returned To the map. Experiencing this with al family's even the one i haven't play with before

Message 973 of 1,431 (465 Views)

★★★ Novice
How do I give you my saved game?
Message 974 of 1,431 (460 Views)

Re: [Info Request] Loading family just loads Map again

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue, and would answer all the above questions in the same way.  The game is absolutely unplayable right now, no matter which household I select.  I pops me back to the map screen.  I've tried switching people around, making completely new households, etc.  The game simply won't play at all now.  Started for me when I asked someone to move in, and "managed" households as to who moved where.

Message 975 of 1,431 (446 Views)

Hero

@Autumn_J6 wrote:
How do I give you my saved game?

Zip this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and upload to dropbox or mediafire, then PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 976 of 1,431 (429 Views)

Hero

@stchris409 wrote:

For anyone still having the issue and not having any generic lots, please zip this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and upload to mediafire or dropbox. Then post the the link.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/oirxm5t7zenvplt/Slot_00000001

Can you upload the whole saves folder. Just the auto save doesn't work.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 977 of 1,431 (423 Views)

Hero

@kwlcas wrote:

I've tried to go into the manage worlds bit offline and online and both times it told me i couldn't do it from that mode, so I have no idea whether generic households are causing some of my problems. I've repaired the game before and after the update and that didn't do anything, also tried the thing where you put that save file into the desktop, but that hasn't been working either. It's all of my households that won't work at all. Here is my saves folder https://www.dropbox.com/s/qciuvzi04pa5q2e/saves.zip?dl=0

I've tried both your save games. Which family do you have issues with ? I can't duplicate.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 978 of 1,431 (420 Views)

Sims 4 problem...HELP! PLEASE!

★★★ Newbie

hey guys, I got sims 4 on december via Origin. When I open origin to use it everything starts normal...but when I click on my household or any other household I want to play witht, it  goes to loading screen and then it goes back to the map. It doesn't show my sims.I tried restarting my pc,I even installed  the game again.Please help!! what can I do?

Message 979 of 1,431 (395 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So I made a thread of a similer issue but it seems mabye it's best to post in here?

For me, it's one lot that bugs the whole town out.

Everytime I go to travel to Rattlesnake bar it will cause this glitch. But if I reload the game WITHOUT saving I will be able to load families again. No other lots i've tested do this except Rattlesnake bar. 

I've tried all of your solutions and countless others and non have worked to fix the bugged out lot. 

It bugs out on all families in my file

I've tried demolishing and changing the lot time and that didn't work

I have no generic lots in my town

I started a new game and made two families to test it (one default sim from the CAS and then tested it with a custom family from my gallery) and tried traveling there and it worked but for some reason my main file doesn't work when I go there. 

I don't know where else to turn as i'm afraid that one day it's going to not even load families anymore.

Message 980 of 1,431 (380 Views)