Re: [Partially FIXED] Loading family just loads Map again - Please update your g

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: try to load ANY household to play but it goes straight to main menu

★★★ Newbie

I have Sims 4 installed on two computer, both have been afflicted with this in the last couple of days.  The one let me play again after removing mods. This computer I'm on now  I tried the same thing but it still goes back to Willow Creek map on clicking households. The problem started after I clicked on the Granite Falls map and went into to build mode to add a piano to a lot then I changed my mind and exited out, click on my family again and got the being sent back to willow creek thing.

Message 931 of 1,431 (4,388 Views)

sims 4 enter a home problem

★ Novice

when I try to get in any of my homes it will load but it will just take it back to the choose a house. I HOPE someone can help me I love sims 3 and 4 but if neither of them work then I guess I will have to return both of them I have had so many probloms this is just makeing me SOOOOOO MAD.

Message 932 of 1,431 (4,320 Views)

Re: [Info Request] Loading family just loads Map again

★★★ Newbie

i am having the exact same problems as you. i tried starting a new game and the same thing happens Frown I cant play at all.

Message 933 of 1,431 (4,367 Views)

Re: [Info Request] Loading family just loads Map again

★★ Novice
The same thing happened to me. I tried going to my last save and load it up but it wasnt working, i evicted the guy and tried to go into build mode but that too wasn't working, and the lot is set as residential. Im just avoiding having to move my save folder cause im really enjoying the story of these sims.
Message 934 of 1,431 (4,335 Views)

Re: sims 4 enter a home problem

Hero

@stitchsimmer@  wrote:

when I try to get in any of my homes it will load but it will just take it back to the choose a house. I HOPE someone can help me I love sims 3 and 4 but if neither of them work then I guess I will have to return both of them I have had so many probloms this is just makeing me SOOOOOO MAD.

Merged your thread. Please check the first page if anything there helps you. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 935 of 1,431 (4,316 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [Partially FIXED] Loading family just loads Map again - Please update your g

Hero

EA is still working on this so for those where the game doesn't work, you can upload your save game to help EA narrow down the issues (there's definitly more than one and this problem is probably just a symptom).

Make sure to check for incompatible mods.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 936 of 1,431 (4,313 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a solution!

What I did was I;

1. Hovered over The Sims 4 game in Origin

2. Clicked on the i button

3. Scrolled down to the Holiday Pack

4. Right-clicked on the add-on and

5. Hit 'Repair Game'.

This worked for me, but if it doesn't work for you, sorry. Frown

Message 937 of 1,431 (4,313 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, 

I found out that if I take my origin offline, my game works again. Had to start again, but its working fine for now. I have not tried it online again yet.

Message 938 of 1,431 (4,298 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
get your damn **bleep** together. this game was expensive as hell and i refuse to just sit here and wait for god knows how long. absolutely absurd.
Message 939 of 1,431 (4,293 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm suddenly having this problem today, have tried all the suggestions but nothing is working at all Frown just constantly getting the map screen. My game is now unplayable. 

Message 940 of 1,431 (4,225 Views)