Re: [Info Request] Loading family just loads Map again

by Andrew060

Original Post

Re: Sims 4: The House will not load! Brings me back to map...

★★★★★ Novice

I refuse to fiddle with my saved folders. I would rather not play than have to start my game all over again.

This patch is taking FAR too long.

Message 851 of 1,431 (655 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I sent a message to The sims facebook page today complaining and got this response:

"We've been working on a patch to fix this bug, which we're hoping to have available this week when Outdoor Retreat releases. Sorry for the inconvenience so far".

Hopefully it will be fixed this week guys. Fingers crossed.

Message 852 of 1,431 (653 Views)

★★★ Novice

I bought this game about 2 weeks and had no problems until yesterday. I went to move my 2 adults out of the family home and then just wouldnt let me go on any of my families. I created a new family and it still wont. I click it, it shows the diamond to say its loading but then goes back to the map screen.

PLEASE FIX IT ASAP !!!

Message 853 of 1,431 (627 Views)

Re: my solution for having problrm with loading family

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@karla09876 wrote:

you have to press new game and  everything will work.

It's contributions like this that make me wish this forum would be a lot better if it had downvoting like on reddit. Why speak at all?

Ok, I've had this occur on and off since we got the game with no real consistency. It's almost like some combination of actions the sims themselves are trying to pull off somehow cause issue. I have had one game I've had to reload from a good backup about 4 times before I finally got the magic combination that avoided whatever it was they were trying to do.

I resolved it by reviving one of the 4-5 saves that the Sims 4 automatically makes as you play That's 4-5 saves per instance. I refer to this:

http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-games/

or

https://enkeli63.wordpress.com/2014/09/30/sims-4-saved-game-back-up-recovery/

I've resolved it once by deleting the two Origin directories in the AppData folders and starting the game anew.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Sims-4-won-t-go-past-loading-screen/td-p/3747835

OR  then I used my old Sims 3 response to a funky game and started deleting the cache folders in the C:\Users\"username"\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 (the ones that have "cache" in the name). This one seemed to work pretty good for me. Things that have the word "save" in the folder name, don't delete them. Better yet, back the directories up by moving them out of the Sims 4 directory and if you are working again and no losses... then delete them. Rerence:

http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

I've never bothered to reinstall my game. If I wanted a fresh installation, I can just delete the entire Sims 4 folder in my Documents folder and voila, I have it. OR, I can go into Origin, right-click on the Sims 4 and tell it to repair. It will check to make sure everything looks ok.

I don't have any CC or mods yet, I bounce from house to the next like the energizer bunny. I run it on Vista and 8.1 and I have had the same issue on both. I pull things from the Gallery, I make my own, I occasionally use the testingcheats. I kind of play with all of it when I can.

Message 854 of 1,431 (622 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Loading family just loads Map again - Please update your games

Hero

The Patch is out and the issue is supposed to be fixed. Any feedback is welcome

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 855 of 1,431 (585 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I still cannot play any of my households. I am now able to access build mode. But when i click on a family it takes me back to the map. Also it still lists all my families with the green icon overtop. I have update and repaired my game

Message 856 of 1,431 (577 Views)

Hero

Could you check on the lot type of your lot ? If it's generic, put it to residental

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 857 of 1,431 (562 Views)

★★★★ Novice

YES!!!! It is working at last!!!! And a big thank you to all that bugged Maxis/EA and helped make this happen!!!!

***ONE MAJOR NOTE****

If you load in Origin and it tells you that the update failed, try closing down your PC and do a restart. I had that issue but after I closed and went back into Origin it loaded up just fine. I can even play my old saved files!!!

Now the only prob I have is that i was plaing with a new game and I like that family and have no idea how to incorporate them into the old save! If anyone has a suggestion, I'd love to hear it

Again: Thanks to this link and all the people that input and helped to get this resolved!!

Message 858 of 1,431 (560 Views)

Hero

Upload the family to the gallery or save it to your library and then just put them on an empty lot in old save

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 859 of 1,431 (552 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I've never had this problem. Do I still have to apply the patch to continue playing?
Message 860 of 1,431 (534 Views)