Re: [Info Request] Loading family just loads Map again

by Andrew060

Original Post

★★ Novice
I am also having the same problem, it's so frustrating! I got the game for Xmas and have only been able to play it a few times, mine has been down since yesterday, I don't have any mods or custom content and I have only added the Xmas pack from origin, surely with the amount of money they make from us all they could actually try to resolve this major issue sooner rather than later!
Message 601 of 1,431 (524 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I thought it was my own save disorder, so I researched about Sims 4 backup policy and just replaced primary save file with file ver3 or ver4, not sure which one. Just renamed it and loaded the game. Had some rollback, but the problem never returned since that. 

Message 602 of 1,431 (673 Views)

★★★★ Novice

And yes, I tried loading with or without CC, it didn't matter. 

Message 603 of 1,431 (672 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have started to have this problem after I played two different households in the same world and both households interacted with each other. Now when I try to play the game, it comes up to the map and I click play. After that it goes through a loading cycle and comes right back to the map. I can not play a single household even when I start an entirely new game. This game is barnd new and I am very frustrated. 

Message 604 of 1,431 (669 Views)

★★★ Novice

I wrote this problem started after "there was born a baby in the family I played for". I made this family move out their house and (what a miracle!) my game is working again! The question is can my sims have babies in the future and can I play this guilty family again? 

Message 605 of 1,431 (645 Views)

★ Novice

I am now having the same problem, it just goes back to the map.

Message 606 of 1,431 (635 Views)

★★★ Novice

Try to move out the house the last family you played for. Just leave it in a town without a house. 

Message 607 of 1,431 (617 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I read on the forum somewhere that the US SimGurus are off on holiday until the 13th of January!!! So it makes one wonder if the issue will even begin to be looked at before then.

The fact this issue has been known since mid December and there's not been any info from EA/Maxis on it kind of proves that.

I am so sick of the fact they sold us a game we weren't happy with and despite that, we loyal fans stuck with it anyway and now have a game we can't play. It really is as if EA/Maxis purposly want to offend their loyal fanbase. It's so far beyond a joke it's criminal.

Message 608 of 1,431 (579 Views)

★★★ Newbie

for almost 2 days the game would not even load, it would not let me press play in the origin. When it would finally load to the main screen to press play it would work fine until I clicked on a household to play and it would load then go right back to the map view of the town... It started off with one household and now all of them. Even when I start a new game or create a new family and I did not download the celebration pack thingy... uggghhh I just hope it gets fixed soon! Frown

Message 609 of 1,431 (545 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having the same problem, when I would click on a house it would take me back to the main town menu. I read a comment about this happening after a person sim had twin girls, well just as luck would take it for me that also happened to me, the glich started after the twin girls were born, so on a hope with wings I deleted the family with the girls and now the game is allowing me to play as normal so far. Hope everyone gets answers. 

Message 610 of 1,431 (530 Views)