Re: [Info Request] Loading family just loads Map again

by AnabellaCM1989

Original Post

This may cause me to stop playing the game! Neighborhood Loading

★★★★ Novice

So it seems all throughout Sims 4 it has been one bug after another! Is the game truly thoroughly tested before release on computers most consumers own? Currently, whenever I try to play a household the game will load and then go straight to the map. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game already. This temporarily resolves the issue for a few days (less than a week). 

I have been an avid simmer since the original sims came out. After all of the experiences I have had with Sims 4 I am fed up! It is becoming almost impossible to stand up for how great this game it with constant bugs. The games need to be more fluently and thoroughly tested before release. 

Message 241 of 1,431 (412 Views)

Households won't load.

★★★ Newbie

I'll go to click on a household, and it'll load like it's working, but then it just goes back to the world menu. I've tried restarting my computer and shutting down my computer, but it still doesn't work. It does it with all households. How can I fix this? 

Message 242 of 1,431 (570 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here. It's the second time that happens. The first time was when I tried to go to the magnolia bloom park (i think that's the name) with a sim; trying to get there made the game load the map over and over again, even if I tried to go to another location with that sim it happened again, so I had to close the game, enter again and switch the family. Everything worked well with other families for a week, until today I tried to load a game and the map loads over and over again, no matter what I try to do. I tried creating a new family and buying them a new house: same thing.

I have windows 7 ultimate. 

1. Are you using custom content or mods in your game ?  No.
  2. Do you have this issue only on a particular save game or on all of them ? It happened first with one family as I tried to go to the park, a few days ago. Now I can't seem to load any family.
  3. Can you start a new game for testing purposes? I will try once I tried to do something else. 
  4. Do the backups of the saves work? I think I don't have backups.
  5. If they do, do they corrupt after a while too ?
  6. Do you have any lastexception.txt files in documents\electronicarts\thesims4\ ? If so, please zip them up (all of them) and upload to mediafire or dropbox and post the link here.
  7. If you are also willing to share your save games, please also zip them up and upload. If you don't want to share the links publicly, you can PM me, I'll pass them on.

Questions about your save game

1. Have you been switching families or played one ? I switch families constantly; I also stop the aging option and turn it back on after a while for a short period of time. 
  2. Do you remember what careers/aspiration the Sims in your household were in ? In the last family I played, one was a writer (almost level 10 author) and the other was a paintor (level 10); both were seriously rich (the writer made around 6.000 per day with her published books) and bought a huge mansion and started having lots of children.
  3. Are there children/teens in your family ? Yes, first a set of twins (a boy and a girl), then a boy, then a girl, and the wife was expecting baby number 5.
  4. If you started a new game and had this issue, did you put in an older Sims family or completly start over from scratch ?
  5. Anything else you think important? May be the aging option is an issue? I activated aging after a long period of playing without it, and shortly after this happened. I also have an issue with multiple births: my sims almost constantly had twins, a set after an other and another, usually twin girls. After I activated the aging option again, I finally had a twin boy and a twin girl, later 3 pregnancies that luckily resulted in just one baby. Before this family almost every pregnancy seemed to result in a set of twins, 4 out of 5 pregnancies were of twins! Another issue in my game is in some families, when I load them after a while without using them, have invisible children (the solution is make the invisible child use the option to change appearance or clothes, and after loading that screen they turn visible again). And in one family one of my sims got stuck with the bills and the mailman never came again, so I have no more bills to pay (and the ones my sim have cannot be selected in any way, but no one has demanded to pay them anyhow). 
Message 243 of 1,431 (568 Views)

Re: Can't play with sims 4 family.

★★★ Newbie
I'm having this problem too. Does anyone have a solution?
Message 244 of 1,431 (573 Views)

Re: This may cause me to stop playing the game! Neighborhood Loading

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

had that problem too, im fed up of this game now and wont be standing up for it anymore. Theres no way that last update was tested!! 

Message 245 of 1,431 (410 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Agh, having the same issue!

Played earlier today and it was fine, tried to get on this evening and it's gone to **bleep**. Everytime I attempt to load any of the families it goes to the loading screen then goes right back to the neighborhood after a few minutes. I attempted repairing the game and that did nothing. So then I decided to try to uninstall then reinstall. Now the game won't even reinstall. Hopefully the issue is fixed soon!

Message 246 of 1,431 (542 Views)

★★ Novice

hi we have this problem my son got game off santa and he really upset the it wont work.  It started when we sent  a child traveling to park on his own.  wont allow us into any households now.  He created and played a new family today but unfortunately problem developed again.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Message 247 of 1,431 (536 Views)

★★★★ Novice

1. Are you using custom content or mods in your game ?  No.
  2. Do you have this issue only on a particular save game or on all of them ? It is happening to both families that I have made, as well as some of the premade families. I tested this to see if it was just one game.
  3. Can you start a new game for testing purposes? I tried, but it does the same thing. 
  4. Do the backups of the saves work? I haven't tried yet. 
  5. If they do, do they corrupt after a while too ?
  6. Do you have any lastexception.txt files in documents\electronicarts\thesims4\ ? If so, please zip them up (all of them) and upload to mediafire or dropbox and post the link here.
  7. If you are also willing to share your save games, please also zip them up and upload. If you don't want to share the links publicly, you can PM me, I'll pass them on.

Questions about your save game

1. Have you been switching families or played one ? I've played two different ones, but tried a pre-made family also and it didn't work.
  2. Do you remember what careers/aspiration the Sims in your household were in ? In the family I was playing before this happened, one was in the athletic career and who's asparation was bodybuilder (I don't remember what level) and the other was in a cooking one (I also don't remember what level or asparation). 
  3. Are there children/teens in your family ? In the one I was playing before this issue, there was one child (girl) and they just had another baby girl. 
  4. If you started a new game and had this issue, did you put in an older Sims family or completly start over from scratch ?
  5. Anything else you think important? Another issue that I've noticed was that before this happend, my adult sims were struggling to have a converstation while sitting, and every time they change from chat to joke, they would change spots at the table. 
Message 248 of 1,431 (531 Views)

★ Novice

1. Do you have this issue only on a particular save game or on all of them? I am having issues with all of them
  2. Can you start a new game for testing purposes ok ? I cannot load a new game. When I attempt to play it, it just takes me to the map screen again
  3. Do the backups of the saves work (Here's instructions how to access them) ? Nope
  4. If they do, do they corrupt after a while too ?
  5. Questions about your save game: Any idea on how long it is going to take for them to fix it? And if they are not able to how I can get my money back?

1. Have you been switching families or played one ? I have been switching families
  2. Do you remember what careers/aspiration the Sims in your household were in ? No
  3. Are there children/teens in your family ? Yes
  4. If you started a new game and had this issue, did you put in an older Sims family or completly start over from scratch ? Both
  5. Anything else you think important (no rants please) ? It occured after the "Holiday" Pack update

I sure hope they fix it soon. The game was really cool. I just wish we had more housing lots and space in our worlds.

Message 249 of 1,431 (499 Views)

can't load to map after update

★★★ Newbie

so many people keep getting being returned to map but I can't get to the map or any households.  It only allows for making a New Sim.

Message 250 of 1,431 (436 Views)