Re: FIXED IT!! PLEASE READ

by Hellkittenn

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Welkome back in a while when you discover that it was a temporary fix.

I did the same as you and it worked for some time but now the problem  is back.

Message 221 of 1,431 (338 Views)

Re: [Info Request] Loading family just loads Map again

[ Edited ]
Hero

@LKLostKID @Witchesbrew412 @furryhatdog @Mrawesome448 @elisaberts_ @claudiatyreke 

Common issue. Something is very broken

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 222 of 1,431 (332 Views)

Community Manager

Heya everyone,

I just wanted to thank @crinrict for staying on top of this and acknlowledge that we are aware of this issue and that we will investigate it further as soon as the studio is back in from the holidays.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 223 of 1,431 (326 Views)

Re: can't play sim household

★★★ Newbie

Yeah same for me, looks like a lot of people have been having this issue after christmas. Hope they'll fix it soon Standard smile

Message 224 of 1,431 (1,177 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@jehecheverria @IHorseCarzzy5 @fancyaj 

Merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 225 of 1,431 (360 Views)

Re: can't play sim household

★★★ Newbie

Thank you!!! I'm looking forward...

Message 226 of 1,431 (1,164 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It's unclear if those saves can be saved at this point or what's causing the issue. Any input is welcome so please post in this thread if you have the issue.

Are you using custom content or mods in your game ? No
Do you have this issue only on a particular save game or on all of them ? All
Can you start a new game for testing purposes ok ? No
Do the backups of the saves work (Here's instructions how to access them) ? No
If they do, do they corrupt after a while too ?
Do you have any lastexception.txt files in documents\electronicarts\thesims4\ ? If so, please zip them up (all of them) and upload to mediafire or dropbox and post the link here. No media fire or Dropbox
If you are also willing to share your save games, please also zip them up and upload. If you don't want to share the links publicly, you can PM me, I'll pass them on.
Questions about your save game

Have you been switching families or played one ? Just one
Do you remember what careers/aspiration the Sims in your household were in ? Culinary, business
Are there children/teens in your family ? Pregnant sim
If you started a new game and had this issue, did you put in an older Sims family or completly start over from scratch ?
Anything else you think important (no rants please) ? EA really takes their time solving problems! But you are awesome
The only solution for now seems to be to remove the entire saves folder and start over.
Message 227 of 1,431 (1,154 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@katelynalyssa273

That doesn't work for everyone, and has never ever worked for me over this 2 week period of not being able to play. Repairing is not the "solution". The solution is whatever Maxis/EA needs to do to get rid of the bug that is causing all of these issues.

Message 228 of 1,431 (1,152 Views)

Sims 4 Households Won't Load

★★★ Newbie

Every time I try and play as one of my households it takes me back to the map, even when I create a new one and select a lot for them to move into I can't access it. I've tried closing it and opening it but I can only seem to go to the map, can anyone help?

Message 229 of 1,431 (1,049 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same problem, one day it was working fine. Letting me play my sims and now it won't let me do anything except create a family. I have only plays two families and this happened before than it worked again. I am really disappointed.

Message 230 of 1,431 (1,140 Views)