Sims 4 got an update 12/12/2019

by KitnKaboodle

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Game Speed changes on its own

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

My sims 4 now puts itself on speed 3 on its own. When I change it back to speed 1, 10 seconds later it goes back to speed 3. This is now constant since the update today. HELP

Message 4 of 25 (25,434 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Normal speed switches to top speed

Hero
This issue has been fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 25 of 25 (8,213 Views)

All Replies

Sims 4 got an update 12/12/2019

★★★ Novice

Everytime the game is paused it unpauses itself and goes right to ultra speed.

When I try to put it back to normal speed the game jumps to ultra speed.

How do I fix this issue?

Message 1 of 25 (25,471 Views)

Re: Sims 4 got an update 12/12/2019

Hero (Retired)
@KitnKaboodle

Try to fix the game in Origin
Origin/ My games library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
However, if you have any mods move the mods folder to the desktop and try without it.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 25 (25,436 Views)

Re: Sims 4 got an update 12/12/2019

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem. I already tried the "repair game" option and it doesnt work

Message 3 of 25 (25,412 Views)

Unpause and speed up after update

★★★ Newbie

Hi guys!

I am having issues while playing due to the game speeding all the way up and unpausing itself. I can't even stay in a medium speed. This was after the update was ran. Are there any fixes?

Message 5 of 25 (25,382 Views)

Re: My speed changes on its own

★★★ Novice

The same thing is happening to me. I tried removing my mods but it seems like its a game issue. This was not occurring before the new patch.

Message 6 of 25 (25,385 Views)

★★ Novice

I don’t have mods and it’s still happening to me, too 😞. 

Message 7 of 25 (25,382 Views)

@KitnKaboodle @gaiagea and @cnramos94  I've merged your posts into another thread on the same issue.

For everyone, please try repairing the game to see whether it works: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  If that doesn't help, move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content; your old saves and other content will still be in the old folder you moved.  Start a new save to test, and let me know whether the game speed is now working correctly or not.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 8 of 25 (25,355 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. It was working fine until the notification of the upcoming holiday came up at 10 am. I have moved out my mods folder, cleared the localthumbcache, as well as repaired the game.

Message 9 of 25 (25,313 Views)

★ Guide

I don't play with any mods or custom content.

I noticed the same thing as @brandye04 : I could pause and change speed normally until a holiday notification popped up (in my game, "tomorrow" is a holiday I created called "Pride").

After the holiday notification popped up, I tried to pause and it just went to 3x speed.

I did repair the game, went back in, and I still can't pause. @puzzlezaddict I'm about to try your instructions and will report back.

Message 10 of 25 (25,302 Views)