[FIXED] Game Crashes after November 2020 Patch - READ FIRST POST

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Crashes after November 2020 Patch

★★★ Novice

I had an issue as well but my game would crash before it even got to the main menu. I would get the intro screen but as soon as it got to the initial loading screen *poof* game crash. I went to https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/FAQ-Sims-4-Crashes/m-p/3586547 and worked through some of their suggestions and turns out that my in game Origin was causing problems. I turned off my wifi so that I would be in offline mode and my game worked fine! Will update if anything new happens!

Message 81 of 930 (1,069 Views)

Re: my game is randomly shutting off

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrict I tried re-adding one of the save files and it didn't crash.

Message 82 of 930 (1,063 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Crashes after November 2020 Patch

★★★ Novice

Hi, 
I'm having the exact same issue. My game suddenly shuts down after playing for several minutes. Initially, I used mods but just in case I removed them all. Tried re-installing en fixing the game afterwards, but it keeps on crashing the same way it did before. 

Attached is my DxDiag and my last crash file. 
I really hope this will be fixed soon. I'm having a little mental breakdown since I already bought Snowy Escape and I was so excited to start playing as soon as possible.

Message 83 of 930 (1,052 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@TheVioletPegsico Try adding all of your saves back then and see if it works. Then put back screenshots/tray/videos and other personal stuff you have added.

Leave mods out. You don't need to put any cache files back.

If it works without mods, it's probably one of the mods and you need to find which one. There's a list linked in the first post.

@amberspitaels LastCrash didn't upload. You need to create a rar file or c/p the content to a post. Also: Is this happening on a specific existing save or also on a new one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 84 of 930 (1,047 Views)

Game crash

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have your sim eat at a resturant
What happens when the bug occurs? the game crashes when my sim eats at a resturant
What do you expect to see? i expect to see this error fixed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the latest patch that includes semtimentals.

when my sim eats at a resturant the game crashes and returns to desktop

Message 85 of 930 (975 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict here you go - 

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 86 of 930 (1,027 Views)

Re: Game crashing after last update.

[ Edited ]
Hero

@CrowlingLore There's some Error with the Origin Webhelper in your DxDiag. Can you try turning that off (in Origin options) or reinstall Origin.

Thank you for providing the other info.

@LahLahX Thank you. Loosing a bit track here so, when does your game crash ? Only certain saves or all ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 87 of 930 (1,017 Views)

Re: Game crashing after last update.

★ Apprentice

@crinrict I only have 1 save game, no set time it happens, just randomly happens. it was OK on build mode for a little while. 

Message 88 of 930 (1,005 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing during gameplay after Nov 2020 update

[ Edited ]
Hero

@mariiicarmen1 Crashes can have so many reasons and not everyone is having the same problem so it's very important to test without custom content/mods to make sure that is not the issue.

@LahLahX Is that a pre-patch save ? If so, could you test if it also happens on a new one. There might be an issue related to sentiments on existing saves so it would be good to have that info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 89 of 930 (997 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing during gameplay after Nov 2020 update

★ Apprentice

@crinrict Do you mean was this created before the update? if so yes. then played yesterday after update with issue. If I create a new one do i lose my current one?

Message 90 of 930 (989 Views)