[FIXED] Game Crashes after November 2020 Patch - READ FIRST POST

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Game crash

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Dan20153 Merged your post with the main crashing thread.

Is it only when you eat at the restaurant ? Is this an existing save or also if you try a new one for testing purposes ?

@amberspitaels Looks like your game is modded. Could you test without mods/cc installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 101 of 930 (1,004 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing during gameplay after Nov 2020 update

★ Apprentice
@crinrict I created a new game, admittedly I've not played very long but it does seem to be OK.
Message 102 of 930 (995 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict it started happening last night since i updated how do i make a new save for testing porposes
Message 103 of 930 (1,014 Views)

★★★ Novice

I already deleted the mods from my game this morning. But I think I've made a little mistake with that crash file. It's dated from yesterday, when I still had mods activitated. Today I deleted them all, and my (saved) game still crashed. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a more up to date crash file from today in my Sims4 folder.

Message 104 of 930 (1,007 Views)

Hero
@Dan20153 Just click New Game on the main menu. This will take you to cas to start a new save. You won't loose your old.

@amberspitaels Try deleting all the ones you have and see if later on new ones are created. If so, please upload those.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 105 of 930 (999 Views)

Re: sims

Champion (Retired)

@underscorecaden 

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 106 of 930 (776 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing during gameplay after Nov 2020 update

★★★ Newbie

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZGvNgDQXVifLy_ZaSJRbAhTV62F2SD1z?usp=sharing  

username: nmsims38

computer: Lenovo running most recent windows

problem: (with NO mods installed) game crashes unexpectedly with no warning after 10-20 minutes playing in build mode. has crashed every time i try to place a 1 block wide stair case inside a home with two different height platforms. have tried repairing game w origin with no luck. game ran perfectly fine until new update.

Message 107 of 930 (971 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Crashes after November 2020 Patch

★★★ Apprentice

My game suddenly closed after a few hours of playing with the latest patch. I was playing in a pre-patch save game. No mods installed.

My Sim was visiting the house of his girlfriend and their new-born baby. They had build up sentiments. My Sim had some interactions cued with the baby. When I hit double speed the game stopped/crashed. All the progress of my Sim family was lost.

I do not use double speed often, but earlier in the same game my Sim visited a lounge and cued up a few actions with double speed without any problem. At that point the Sim didn't have sentiments build.

I played Sims 4 for more than 1000 hours and this is the first time a crash happened.

No "lastcrash" file was made. The dxdiag is 80kb so I'm not sure if it will be attached.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 108 of 930 (969 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Crashes after November 2020 Patch

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi! I'm having an issue with my game closing out to the desktop without warning since the update. I tried removing the mods, repairing the game, trying a new save file, but it's happening while fishing and collecting in Forgotten Grotto. It closes out as soon as my sim finds something new to add to the collection even without mods. I'm not sure why this is happening! I just got this new gaming laptop a month ago, but I still attached everything. Thank you!

Attachment
Download this attachment
Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 109 of 930 (949 Views)

Re: Sudden Crashes after 1.68.154.1020 Updated (11/10/2020)

★★★ Novice

Hello,

I was able to play briefly after the update, but then when I closed and tried to reopen, it would open to the loading screen, and then crash. I tried several times, removed all CC and Mods, uninstalled and reinstalled Origin (that wouldn't work for a while), and still the same thing happens:

Packs installed:

• City Living
  • Discover University
  • Get Famous
  • Seasons
  • Dine Out
  • Bowling Night Stuff
  • Get to Work
  • Outdoor Retreat
  • Luxury Party Stuff
  • Get Together
  • Spa Day