Re: [PATCH AVAILABLE] Game Crashes after November 2020 Patch

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

Have have done everything I could to fix the game. Unlike everyone who can open their game, I can not. It won't even open just saying their was an error with the game.

If anyone can help me with I would be very thankful. This has been going on for about 3 days now. It is not okay that people have spent money on this game just for them not to play the game. I have also had trouble buying any packs I would also be very thankful if someone could help me with that as well.

Message 921 of 930 (4,837 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@deadredmore513 Then you don't have mods/CC.
Message 922 of 930 (4,835 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@deadredmore513 This thread is for PC players. You'll want to post your issues over here for Console players.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Current-Issue-PS4-Sims-4-Random-Crashing-Patch-1...
Message 923 of 930 (4,833 Views)

★ Guide
@deadredmore513 If you're on PS4 how do you have mods?
Message 924 of 930 (4,712 Views)

★★★ Novice

for me the repair game is bull, i tried that when my game first started crashing, it took 14 hours to finish and then after it did it said it didnt do anything.

Message 925 of 930 (4,692 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@dj-conflict I already answered that. They don't but didn't understand.
Message 926 of 930 (4,611 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Alright so I updated my game to the latest patch, it doesn't crash anymore but this doesn't mean I'm not encountering with in-game glitches/crashes way more than before. After playing an hour, things are getting weird like I've been observing glitches like sims are making snow angel inside the house, then sometimes they are taking too long to respond, sometimes they are making t-pose, and eventually sims get frozen and I'm not able to click on anything which forces me to shut the game off via task manager.

And I'll repeat this again, I have a high-end pc and I've tried to repair my game/clear caches after getting rid of mods for many times... so I don't think this is just merely about mod,ram,cpu,gpu issue. Apparently this newest patch is somewhat glitchy for some people and I don't even know why anymore.

Message 927 of 930 (4,565 Views)

★★★ Novice

can you link me to the thread?

also it doesn't give me the option to repair so that doesn't work.

Message 928 of 930 (4,546 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@MandaPii Could you try reinstalling your razor sound drivers ? If that doesn't help, could you create a new thread for your issue ? I think it's best to troubleshoot you separately at this point.

@josayy Here: [WORKAROUND] 11.17.20 patch - game won't stop loading

Hi everyone else

I've moved some post out to the appropriate threads and added some info to the first post. Please read that and post accordingly

As all platforms have had a patch for the sound crashes now, it's best to move on to your own threads if you have a different issues than all the ones already linked on the first page.

If you still have crashes, make a new thread and post the info asked in the spoiler tags on the first post of this thread.

Thank you all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 929 of 930 (4,534 Views)

Community Manager

Hi folks, 

I'll lock this thread here as the original issue was patched.

If you're experiencing issues after the patch, let's go ahead and start a fresh thread that'll help track the new reports. Please don't worry about creating multiple threads on this to start, as we'll help merge similar threads together. 

Thanks, 

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 930 of 930 (4,524 Views)