Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Crashes after November 2020 Patch

by AgnieszkaMaria81

Original Post

game crash

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? eco lifestyle, discover university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, star wars pack, realm of magic pack, stranger Ville pack, jungle adventure pack, parenthood pack, vampires pack, dine out pack, spa day pack, outdoor retreat pack, nifty knitting stuff, tiny living stuff, Moschino stuff, my first pet stuff, laundry stuff, fitness stuff, vintage glamour stuff, kid room stuff, movie hangout stuff, spooky stuff, cool kitchen stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? it just happen randomly
What happens when the bug occurs? my game just crash randomly every time a play. it started after the last update.
What do you expect to see? the game crashed sometime after a few hours or even a few minutes after starting playing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made.

the game crash every time I play it  can happen after 10 minutes into the game or a few hours later I keep losing my progress I try to save my game often but sometime I don't think about it. I have no mods or anything, I don't play with download stuff other than the expansion pack , game pack and stuff pack. 

Message 821 of 930 (928 Views)

Re: Games closes random

[ Edited ]
Hero

@suzannekooy2 Merged your post with the master on crashing

@Coulou_135 Yours too

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 822 of 930 (1,076 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I tested it with msconfig with only microsoft  working.  I tested i -nosound, I tested it with administrator privilleege and origin offline,I testd with grahpic low and sound low, I repaired my game with origin,I uninstalled and installed the game and origin. But the sims always restart my laptop. I have not no such issue with sims game before. Please look and fix it . The game is a nightmare now.Here is my save file link to google drive:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KDeTwZLpTH7BBJlJyLIb4axVhMQwMfb2?usp=sharing, and the second save file :https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10We-N0yrt1i-HJDf_wI1e8v9qY7_tgf7?usp=sharing,

Message 823 of 930 (861 Views)

Game crash to desktop without any reason - 0x141431c0f

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I'm having an issue with TheSims 4. Game is randomly crashing without any error. I found a crashlog. 

Please find below. Any1 can help?

PC - Laptop

i7 4720HQ CPU @ 2.6

16GB RAM

GeForce 940M

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><report><version>2</version><sessionid>40d866f41786dc505fb2ac75</sessionid><type>crash</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2020-11-16 17:09:00</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.68.154.1020-1.200.000.475.Release</buildsignature><systemconfig></systemconfig><categoryid> 0x141431c0f</categoryid><stack> 0x141431c0f 0x14143a4ad 0x14143a90f 0x141439fe3 0x141060379 0x7ffab89310b2 0x7ffaba877c24 0x7ffabb1ad4d1</stack><threads></threads><screenshot></screenshot> xxxx (attached)<contextdata>Client Session Time: 1463.08<br />Num Save Errors: 0<br />Num Load Errors: 0<br />Current Game State: 0xbe7da869<br />Origin Version: 10,5,87,45080<br />Modded: False<br />SystemInfo: Windows 10 10.0.18363 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M nvldumdx.dll 27.21.14.5730, GUID: D7B71E3E-50DB-11CF-EE65-77A118C2D635<br /></contextdata></report>

Message 824 of 930 (835 Views)

Re: Game crash to desktop without any reason - 0x141431c0f

★★★ Newbie

full log attached

Message 825 of 930 (833 Views)

The Sims 4 Snowy Escapes Possible Bug

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? ?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions, All stuff packs except for Vintage Glamor and Fitness stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ?
What happens when the bug occurs? The whole system crashes. It works fine one moment then the next it kicks me to my computer home screen.
What do you expect to see? Game should play without lagging or kicking me out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started after I installed The Sims 4 Snowy Escapes.

No Pictures

Message 826 of 930 (881 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Snowy Escapes Possible Bug

Hero
@Kaylie883 Merged your post with the main crashing thread. See first pots for details

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 827 of 930 (875 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Snowy Escapes Possible Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi I posted about the crash 3 times but my post is disappearing after I post .So Here are my save files https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KDeTwZLpTH7BBJlJyLIb4axVhMQwMfb2?usp=sharing and https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10We-N0yrt1i-HJDf_wI1e8v9qY7_tgf7?usp=sharing.  The Sims after the update are crashing my laptop and the system restarts. I have used the workaround from sim guru nick post, reinstalled origin and the sims 4.Used msconfig, used admin for playing my game Nothing helped the game is still crashing my system.

Message 828 of 930 (863 Views)

Sims 4 crashing without notice

★★★ Newbie

Hi guys,

I have had this problem for a few days now. Whenever I play Sims 4 it keeps crashing. I have tried out a few things already, like deleting the game and installing it again, a driver update, playing without any mods and so on. Unfortunately, nothing really worked. I only have these problems when I am ingame, though (not when I am creating a sim for example).

Thank you in advance for your help! Standard smile

Message 829 of 930 (819 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? not sure the number, but it's up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them except the star wars one
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? game played fine for an hour or so. now it does it as soon as i start playing my sim (loads towns just fine, error starts when i load household
What happens when the bug occurs? game lags, then sims freeze in place. if i enter build mode they start moving again, completing their action. weather (ie, rain) continues. if i try to delete something, it does not do it. when i quit the game freezes and i have to use task manager.
What do you expect to see? that my game doesn't freeze or crash
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No cc, i have never used mods/cc with sims 4
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, this happened after the nov 10 update. it continued after i installed snowy escape
Please describe the patch or change you made. adds platforms, sentiments and the ability to vacation in every world. I tried using the disable audio workaround but issues persist. A little upset bc I preordered snowy escape to play on release date, but game is unplayable. good luck w/ fixing it Standard smile

Message 830 of 930 (1,005 Views)