Re: Sims 4 Crashing after September 2020 update

by QxeenUnicorn

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Crashes after November 2020 Patch

★ Novice

Hello hello,

Is there an update concerning The Sims 4 crashing? I've noticed the same problem as well. Repair didn't help, audio off didn't help.

I try to save the game as much as possible, but I would like to know if there's news?

Regards,

Mendy

Message 761 of 930 (1,057 Views)

★★★ Guide

Tested it by resetting all settings to default (including sound), set the lighting to medium (recommended for my graphics card).  Relaunched the game.  When launching the game I got 3 not responding messages, and before the game crash after an hour of play I got another not responding (see screenshots)

Message 762 of 930 (1,048 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I only started getting the crashing yesterday, after the Snowy Escape update. It was wworking fine for a few hours then just crashes and now cant play for more than 5 minutes Frown An error popped up last time it crashed aswell TS4_x64.exe. Application Error and says a breakpoint has been reached? 

Ive tried turning audio off and playing in offline mode.

No CCs or Mods used

Message 763 of 930 (986 Views)

Was playing, changed the autonomy settings and aging settings to full and auto, saved the settings. 
Went to the toilet. Came back and my game was closed. Last save file from an hour ago. 
Strange things I had seen happen:
- Greyed out Sims in the Blatuu world after picking out the clothing (task) -> fixed by saving and restarting the game.
- Before going on a date many things seemed to happen while traveling including skills being leveled up.
- Strange audio glitch before a notification about a snow event from the Snowy Escape pack. 

No mods/CC, fresh save file, all packs installed.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 764 of 930 (938 Views)

★ Novice

Hey Crin! I am really stressed lately due to exams and the sims was one thing keeping me calm but now it’s broken Frown .
What I’ve done;

•removed my script mods and logged into my current save file and it was working until I realised I couldn’t see sentiments then I deleted some other mods (XML injector & ask for divorce) however this time it just repeatedly crashed.

•I removed my mods folder and logged back in to see if it worked and still in this one specific save it repeatedly started to crash WITHOUT mods.

•I factory reset my sims 4 and put in my saves and it was working however I used a different save file whilst testing. All my mods worked in every other save file I had except this one.

•I removed my mods again and nothing works.

•My other save files work with mods but only in this one specific save file it crashes Every time.

•I’ve also tried to remove thumbcache and repair my game and nothing works.

What should I do...?

Message 765 of 930 (808 Views)

★ Guide
@Mendie Yeah, it can have something to do with the latest update, at first I saw nothing wrong as I enjoyed the bugfixes but later on it started crashing and presenting all the issues players are describing here.
Message 766 of 930 (819 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I Think, I found something with the Crash. My computer was slow when I log in to Origin, but before I started sims. So I open up  my Job-list, to see what the problem was, and there I discovered that Origin took 98% of my CPU. So I Close Origen and started it again, now it only took 6%, And with the Sims open it takes max 56% of my CPU. So I was thinking if there is something wrong with Origin so that take so much of our CPU power. And then lets say there is a little bug in the sims audio system, that request a little more of the CPU. Could that not make the game Crash? I am not a computer genius. But that seem to make sense to me, I have played for over 3 hours without any crashing and my game crash every hour unless I turn off Audio.           

Message 767 of 930 (797 Views)

Hero
@QxeenUnicorn Moved your post over to the current crashing thread.

EA is working on it. see first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 768 of 930 (796 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

To Crin;

Thank you so much! Do you know how long it will take and what I can do else..?

Message 769 of 930 (791 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Phantomlover1717 This kind of crash sort of happened to me. My game just closed during gameplay. No error message or anything. Luckily, I didn't lose much progress (a day's worth in the game) because I had recently saved and feel grateful that I can still open up the game to play more. Still puzzled about the crash though. I know from my processed tab the Microsoft system app (and those associated with it) was kind of going crazy busy at the time.
Message 770 of 930 (787 Views)