by noel1976

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Crashes after November 2020 Patch

★★★ Guide

I dont have the Snowy Escape expansion.  But I will try the sound adjustments

Message 731 of 930 (694 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know things will be getting fixed but I still wanted to add to it. My game freezes more than crashes. Seems like every few minutes the clock stops or the sims are in a loop mode with whatever it is they are doing. I did crash once today because I clicked too many things during the freeze. I can't play, it's just too much freezing to enjoy and when the unfreeze happens, time has gone by. It's weird lol It never happened before the update so I'm sure there is some bug going on. I play with no mods. Thanks guys for the all the great updates though! I know you guys work really hard on this game!

Message 732 of 930 (675 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried lowering the audio quality to low and that's fixed the crashing for me.

Message 733 of 930 (613 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello yes I first updated my drivers but yet nothing, and then I just low the quality of sound...and again nothing and then I kept the sound in low quality and then unchecked the mood effect sounds. However after playing for 4 hours the game still crashed! I edited as an update to the previous comment as well....

Message 734 of 930 (727 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game is crashing. I did the new actualizacion and i can't open my family. Every time i try it crashes... idk why that is happening but i would like this problem to be solved soon

Message 735 of 930 (729 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Korina123456 Yes, I kept crushing too, thank's anyway for trying.
Message 736 of 930 (687 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I just wanted to add that my game only crashes from live mode. I spent about 90 minutes building a lot Thursday and then rebuilt it today (since it didn't save last time due to the crash) for about the same amount of time with no problems. But as soon as I go to play a family in live mode, it crashes -- sometimes immediately, sometimes after a couple minutes, but never more than a few minutes. I have removed all mods and CC and disabled both mod options in the settings. Still crashes.

Message 737 of 930 (671 Views)

★ Apprentice

I played again for about ten minutes today, and it crashed (not to the desktop, it just quit completely) again. Well, rats. Hopefully after November 19th, I can resume playing again without issue.

Message 738 of 930 (674 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? It's very random, from 5 to 30 minutes into the game
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing or building
What happens when the bug occurs? the game suddenly shuts off and erases everything i haven't managed to save.
What do you expect to see? that it won't randomly cut out
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, no CC but I have mods, all have been updated for the current game version
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? After installing Snowy Escape
Please describe the patch or change you made. Last patch with platforms and new DLC

I want to point out that I didn't have any issue until today. I played the new pack the moment it came out and yesterday I was in build mode (just build mode from the map, no sims on the lot) for ours and nothing happened. The issue started today, both in build mode and in live mode. No two times what I was doing was the same.
First I was moving a column, then resizing a roof, then placing the electric warmer in a room and then just playing one sim.

And I also want to point out that I patched the game right when the platforms patch came out, I didn't play but I had time to complete a build from start to finish with no problems at all. For me the problem arose with Snowy Escape or it can be that it's just so random that I was lucky all the previous days.

I didn't try to remove my mods nor repair the game. As soon as I read that it's a widespread issue with or without mods I decided to wait for the fix.

I'm playing in a previous save, I didn't try and see what happens in a new save

Message 739 of 930 (631 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Gonna try lowering the audio for my next section. 

I am playing a house of 2 Sims and the game haven't crashed while I stayed at home playing with just the two of them. It did crash however after I spent a few minutes at a bar. Once it was full of sims, the audio got stuck for a couple of seconds and the game closed with no error message given. 

Message 740 of 930 (627 Views)