Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Crashes after November 2020 Patch

by John_Zonbi

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

I'm also experiencing this problem. My game has never crashed, but now it has happened twice in one day, first time playing since the new update. Repairing does not  help. I have never had any mods or CC installed.

Message 711 of 930 (808 Views)

Re: sims 4 just crashed after playing with new snowy escape

★ Guide
@Simsational_CJ Once you get the game to open, try to set the audio quality to low or maybe run the game in windows 8 compatible mode, might do the trick.
Message 712 of 930 (808 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same issue here -

1. Game crashing randomly without warning.

2. No message appears it just closes.

3. Crackly/disappearing audio.

I had zero crashing issues prior to the latest update. Crashing happens both on a save file created prior to the update and one created after.

I have attached my files - happy to send on my save file too if needed.

Things I've tried:

- updating Windows

- updating graphics drivers

- removing all mods/CC

- starting a brand new save file

- clearing cache files

- reparing my game via Origin

I will try disabling my sound as suggested.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 713 of 930 (764 Views)

★ Novice

Sul Sul,

During my gaming sessions. the game just crashes., automatically closes, and what I can see is my desktop screen

Message 714 of 930 (758 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Vatzfu Ive already done that and it's the same thing. Also, I've checked the forum that tells me where to go and it brings me here
Message 715 of 930 (750 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@xinAimee Same for me, no crashes in build mode so far, only live mode
Message 716 of 930 (723 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Yes this happening for me too. I tried removing all mods, repairing the game, updating my drivers, turning off online features, and putting -nosound in, and starting a new save. But I still crash during gameplay. I do not crash while in build mode or CAS or the main menu. Solely in game live mode only crashing. Its random too, sometimes it happens right away and others it happens after 1-2 hours of gameplay. I keep smashing that save button to keep my data. This is inexcusable and Maxis should be ashamed of themselves for releasing a broken patch that is affecting Simmers on all platforms. Especially right before a big DLC was being released. We needed the patch for the DLC, and now we cannot play the game nor the $40 expansion pack. Shame!

Message 717 of 930 (1,067 Views)

★ Apprentice

seeing as there are 72 pages already, my reply will be a drop in the ocean, however i still wanted to add that i've just experienced this bug. been playing several hours with no issue, until my sims went to a restaurant (probably not related but still) and i had this awful audio glitch which really hurt my ears and made me feel sick. a second after my game froze and crashed. thankfully i save ever few minutes anyway out of caution and habit, however it has disinsentivised me to play the new pack. i understand that an emergency patch is coming on the 20th, but that leaves almost a week until the game is made playable again. while i was excited for this pack more than i have been for anything else the sims has made for a while, this has made me feel the way i did before. game breaking bugs like these should be caught in PLAY TESTING not left to be shipped out with the brand new £35 expansion pack!! the fix had better arrive before the 20th, because there is absolutely no excuse. 

Message 718 of 930 (1,045 Views)

★ Guide

I am really, hand to God, tired of huge bugs, crashes, and glitches being in full release versions not only for people not opting to buy the pack, but for people who dropped cash for a new pack only to sit here and tell them to turn off the sound, hit save all the time, blah blah blah.

The fact that this last patch had fixes going back A YEAR doesn't inspire confidence in me that things are going to go in a different direction any time in the future.  I think Sims 4 will be my last Sims game, because this is ridiculous for a major gaming company.  It's unacceptable.

Message 719 of 930 (1,032 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having a lot of issues too. 

My game is crashing more often than not. Earlier today I played for ~30 minutes and then it crashed, i re-loaded it and it crashed again after only a couple of minutes. No mods or cc installed.

Message 720 of 930 (922 Views)