Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Crashes after November 2020 Patch

by Vatzfu

Original Post

★★ Novice

@Miara888 The -nosound option is just a command line argument that's executed when you start the game; you can follow the same steps and remove it from that section in Origin and restart to get sound back on.

You're basically telling Sims to run in "sound free mode" if you want to have sound back, just restart without that command.

Message 701 of 930 (648 Views)

★ Novice

In my case everything worked as intended, a few issues with the placement of the hot spring but nothing the terrain tool wouldn't handle

the problem begin with the festivals, specially the festival of light, once the fireworks started on the snow sculpture and my sims went to the area, the firework sound repeated over and over and over, just the last few bits but the fireworks animation already stopped. 
and really disabling audio just for that doesn't make it worth it, I wonder of this happens in other worlds too, meanwhile I'll stay far away from that world.

Message 702 of 930 (640 Views)

★ Apprentice

What about the people who can't play at all? I've done absolutely everything to fix this issue and spoken to 2 techs via chat and one on the phone.

Message 703 of 930 (630 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi!

The time before my game crashes differs greatly, somtimes it happens after a couple of minutes and at other times I can play for 1,5 hours. 

It seems to happen if I changed the speed of the game, but also if I asked my sim has a que of assignments. I will try to disable the sound of the game and see if that helps. 

Message 704 of 930 (606 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay now my game is going down. At first I kind of noticed that my game was going slower, but just recently on the 13th it end up crashing. I end up getting the stupid blue screen say they have to reset the computer. I did everything I can but when I reset the game again and end up shutting me down with the message: The Sims 4 stop working

Message 705 of 930 (594 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Miara888 Just remove the line from Origin again and it should be back.

@RobynLaveau  Please check the first post for links. Best to post in either of the threads linked there or make your own thread as this thread is for crashing. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 706 of 930 (554 Views)

★ Guide
@RobynLaveau This sound like an windows UAC issue, you'd need to run this app with administrator privileges, I suggest you close origin and start it by right-clicking it's icon and using "Run as administrator" as I believe the permissions will carry on to apps opened by it.
Message 707 of 930 (666 Views)

★ Guide
@LilleMallen I'm having this as well, specially if I use the second fast forward button, all I can do about it is to save the game more often
Message 708 of 930 (663 Views)

★ Guide
@Uschalah you mean those notification sounds of the overlay options? I gotta try that but I would not be surprised if origin is the reason why the game is having that whole lot of issues
Message 709 of 930 (661 Views)

★ Guide
@Snowmae have you tried to use the backup saves? losing progress is frustrating but you can click load game on the affected profile and then use the disquette icon to load one of the previous saves.
Message 710 of 930 (649 Views)