Re: Sims 4 crashing during gameplay after Nov 2020 update

by Vatzfu

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Crashes after November 2020 Patch

★★ Novice

So I too have had this issue. CGame was crashing over and over and over. I don't know if this fixes it for everyone but going into my temp folder and deleting all my temp files (if you know what they are for the SIMS game you can delete just those) and then repairing the game has completely fixed it. Played about 20 hours since I did this. Might not be a fix for everyone? 

Message 691 of 930 (693 Views)

Hero
@RachFromTheCave The windows temp folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 692 of 930 (689 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing during gameplay after Nov 2020 update

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Just had my second crash, all I remember is that 2 of my sims received a call about the death of a friend, one started crying and the other didn't receive the Sad modlet, the game went on for a few seconds then CTD. I never use mods or custom content btw.

These are the logs :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lSDW7qOQ297E8LIHOoaAwR0nbCLw9UXe/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W6S_oHX2oVlnwriEbK9Gm2hDFV-6P8Ii/view?usp=sharing

And here is the dxdiag:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lI8AkkkC3fyXntJeWyJRS8dzhcHzbyIm/view?usp=sharing

Message 693 of 930 (685 Views)

★★★ Novice

I pre ordered the new expansion on Monday the 9th and have been waiting (impatiently) for it to release to download into my game. I have every single expansion/pack there is and use zero CC or mods. My game lasted about an hour yesterday before completely freezing for about 10 mins causing me to force shut down on my pc. I tried to play again later and it crashed about 15 mins into gameplay. I’m so sad I can’t play right now , I hope this gets fixed soon!!

ps

no warning what so ever besides a feeeze in game play, then crashes back to the origin screen. No errors. 

Message 694 of 930 (632 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Having the same issues @JasmineMost described as Type 2 crash. The game has not actually crashed, but is always freezing in this same way. I can play for maybe two minutes before it starts and I have had to force quit the game every time because it won't stop saving. Unfortunately unplayable in this state.

The odd thing is, I have played for a while with the sim profile/sentiments update installed. The issues only started yesterday.

Message 695 of 930 (580 Views)

Re: My Sims 4 Game Keeps Kicking Me Out Unexpectedly

★★ Novice

Well, I have the WONDERFUL Snowy Escape ep, and played it in a 'new world'/new game as I was afraid that playing it on my other, more peopled and stressed out games (tons of things in them, complicated builds) would have it crash.

No crashes at all doing this. Will wait a bit for EA's patch's patch to enter into the other worlds and to use mods again.

Thankyou for one of the best games ever. Been playing since Maria Caruso-Cabrera recommended the Sims Soccer ball on CNBC--roughly at the start of the century.

Message 696 of 930 (637 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi @crinrict, any idea how to turn the sound back on once you've typed in the command "-nosound" ? I have a strong feeling the audio is causing the issue for me, but I'm afraid of turning the sound off when I don't know how to turn it back on. 

Message 697 of 930 (721 Views)

★★ Novice

So frustrating that game is continuously crashing after the update.   Trying to play my new expansion and have to say it's frustrating to say the least.

Come on and get this fixed.   I'm stick in the house due to covid and this is my life line to keep me sane and now I can't even play this Disappointed

Message 698 of 930 (714 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I have a similar issue. my game has not crashed at all, however my audio is crackling a lot since my sim spent some time on the slopes and i have immense lags. this may be related to the issues everyone here is experiencing

Message 699 of 930 (691 Views)

★★★ Novice

Strange... I dont have any issues for some reason but I am mostly in buildmode. May be its time to build some stuff? :D

Message 700 of 930 (689 Views)