Re: Sims 4 crashing during gameplay after Nov 2020 update

by kiwicrone

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Crashes after November 2020 Patch

★★★ Apprentice

I was really hopefull about the Hot Fix, but . . . nope. RAM leak and crash within 10 minutes.

Message 631 of 930 (609 Views)

★★★ Guide

What makes you think it was a RAM leak?

Message 632 of 930 (602 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ok I had the same problem as everybody els, and turn the audio of, Like the team said. and I played for a long time, but then my game crash again!!!  

Message 633 of 930 (773 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I was able to play for quite a while without any random crashes - to an extent that I didn't think I was going to be dealing with the bug only for it to occur during one of the community festivals. 

After purchasing and wearing a festival kimono then buying food at the festival another sim came up to mine to talk and as the sims began to talk the game crashed. There was no error code just a windows screen came up saying 'the sims 4 has stopped working'. 

This was after at least an hour of playing. No mods in the save and I have all the packs. There are other save files in my game which are older and had been made with mods but I took all my mods out and made a new save for playing with the pack after hearing about the crashing issues with the patch and wanted to be able to give an accurate report should I come across the crashes. 

Message 634 of 930 (770 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Game went from using about 5gb to12+gb. I was watching it. When it jumped, the game crashed and my PC froze.

Message 635 of 930 (762 Views)

★ Novice

I do use mods but I have tried playing without them to see if it makes any difference and so far it has crashed 4 times, some times it makes me play longer than others so I dont know what triggers it. It started after I downloaded the last patch.

Message 636 of 930 (751 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

For what it's worth, I'm not having crashes... but at the moment a crash should possibly occur, the game will reset itself. Items get dropped next to sims, sims reset, and actions never complete their cycle. I've run into this with the digital sketchpad, regular easel, reading books, playing chess, and yoga mat. Removed all mods/cc, factory reset, started new game, and these issues still occurred.

Message 637 of 930 (709 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing during game play

★★ Apprentice

I play offline now after many crashes, which happened during online playing. So no crashes now which makes me think the fault might be in Origin not the game. 

Message 638 of 930 (678 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing during gameplay after Nov 2020 update

★★ Apprentice

I found the game does not crash if playing off line.(over 4 hours playing time) So I wonder if it is Origin, not the game causing the problem.. Prior to that I had crashes doing nothing in my game, Musiic stalling and repeating, pauses in game play, 

Message 639 of 930 (734 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@natalieb209445 Hello. I just want to report back that this advice really helped me.
I have been playing all afternoon without a single crash.
Thanks for sharing it :D
Message 640 of 930 (1,721 Views)