Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Crashes after November 2020 Patch

by ImSands

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

My crashing doesnt seem to have anything to do with music. I have tested this and have all mods & cc disabled. I checked the crash error and it said it had to do with not being able to find the pet swimming animation. It crashed every time I tried to load a lot with a pet. I was able to load and play for hours without crashing on a lot with no pets. 

I was able to go back to the lot that crashed the game after the pet had died. 

This is my experience, just thought I'd let you know! 

Message 571 of 930 (744 Views)

★ Novice

Sinds the november update i cant start my game at al. I get this pop up with (0xc000007b) i never had this before. I tried repairing the game, deleting it and install it again removing all the CC en Mods but stil the same error pops up.

Message 572 of 930 (708 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

https://simscommunity.info/2020/11/13/the-sims-4-hot-fix-update-for-crashing-planned-for-next-week/

That's much faster than the last time something like this happened.

Message 573 of 930 (705 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game crashes about 15-20 minutes into the game, I have no mods. Have tried it in several neighborhoods and game files. Same result

Message 574 of 930 (651 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

If you also could just come back and update the forum about playing on a lot without pets, that would be great. I think we could all deal with playing without cats and dogs for a week as long as we could play the game in general. 

Message 575 of 930 (650 Views)

Re: Sims 4 PS4 unplayable after update 1.33

★★★ Newbie

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zRvGanJt_Dp1HFqiN-HEkGLj7bj6sZRR?usp=sharing 

Hi, 

My issues are that in any save it crashes and that I cant upload anything to the gallery. Also when opening the sims the screen glitches for a second. I hope you can see what I mean. and try to fix this. 

My user name on origin is EHarvs and use any save 

Message 576 of 930 (584 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Started having random crashes to desktop after installed Snowy Escape this morning. I was running pretty much fine right after the Nov Patch. Im not sure if I should be posting this in this thread or some other threads. 

The game starts lagging, the audio seems to be stuck on a noisy scratchy loop, eventually the game freezes and then crashes to desktop without any kind of error message.

I do normally use mods, but as always after patching and adding a new EP, I removed my mods folder, removed tray and deleted local thumbnails cache. So the crashes are happening with no mods at the moment. 

Im on an existing Save (only one played Sim, and pretty much vanilla world). I've attached the requested files. Hope this helps. 

edit: this forum won't let me attach the lastcrash file.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 577 of 930 (596 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a windows 10 and my games worked perfectly before this recent update, now it crashes, not in buildmode yet i havent experinced that but only when im out of build mode and actually playing, in my files i have the lastcrash.txt. I am not using any mods or cc i dont like to have them in my game for it makes my game glitch and bug out, i took all my mods and cc out of my game months ago. Id say after 30 minuts to an hour it crashes but i cant be for sure, its on old save files and new games that ive started. 

Message 578 of 930 (578 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Epoodle27k Ok. So there are multiple things this forum has suggested. Turn off your Internet Access, update your Microsoft visual settings (link is here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads )and I have heard that some people have luck playing on a lot with no pets. Please give these a try and report back so we can all figure out what works for PC users. Also try completely turning off your audio. It seems to be a contributing factor in crashing.
Message 579 of 930 (565 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Mine always seems to happen when I on the sims profile to see the sentiments
Message 580 of 930 (551 Views)