Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Crashes after November 2020 Patch

by Kaethee2792

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I can confirm that being offline is a workaround. I've had crashes every 5-10 minutes of gameplay (not in build mode, just in live mode and only after I installed Snowy Escape). Now I'm playing for an hour straight without a crash just by being offline. Looks like it does the trick for me.

Message 561 of 930 (572 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Im angry, I pay amout 900$ for my extensions and when I play I save all time but its sad cause the story is random sometimes you cant have the same story or things happen in the same way when the game close alone and you restart it a couple of times. Do someting to repare it EA or I dont will buy other pack in the futur or the pack I dont have. In a other way, I was appreciating the update and the emotions. For my friend her sims never open after the update I had to search some issue for play with her. 

Message 562 of 930 (557 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

It's not allowing me to post my last crash log for some reason. 

Edit: Got it to work nvm

Message 563 of 930 (545 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@sterobeuk Can you please update this forum in a few hours to let us all know if that has continued to work for you? One hour is not a whole lot of time and we all just would like to find a work around if we can.
Message 564 of 930 (550 Views)

★ Guide

i turned off my audio the way nick said to do it and ive been able to play for 2 hours successfully so far with no issues, sending my sim to a bunch of different locations and community lots. id only had one crash before this though but i tried to do what made my game crash last time and it went fine so hoping itll continue to work this well

Message 565 of 930 (548 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing during gameplay after Nov 2020 update

★★★ Novice

I've been having this issue too. I have a mid-high range gaming rig just built so the parts are still considered current. I'll be playing having no lag issues and then suddenly im booted out of game to the origin screen. This has been happening since the 12th. I uninstalled all mods/CC and even with just the plain game and a single sim family, it is still giving me issues. Anyone have any updates new on this yet?

Message 566 of 930 (543 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing during gameplay after Nov 2020 update

★★★★ Guide
@shannon_se545 They're working on finding the issue last I heard. But last time people had an error code that did about the same thing, it took over a month to get it fixed. I'm not holding my breath on this.
Message 567 of 930 (708 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

i am using PC and I do not have any mods or cc installed. When I start the game, everything works fine until I get to the loading screen to load into a lot. Then it takes an unusually long time to load. Then, when it finally loads in, the game begins to lag. This gets considerably worse when I click on certain items (fridge, stove) or when I try to change game speed. Then my game freezes and crashes. No error code. I have noticed that the game is using all of my memory when it runs. However, I have not had any audio issues (the post says they are related). I normally run the sims at high settings and have done so for 3 years on my PC. Never had this issue.

Message 568 of 930 (788 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The Sims Community just posted that the issue should be resolved next week. Quoting from the Sims team themselves. Let's hope so!

Message 569 of 930 (778 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have been following this advice and I have not had any game crashes in the last two hours.Fingers crossedStandard smile

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-Crashes-after-November-2020-Patch/m... 

Message 570 of 930 (770 Views)