Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Crashes after November 2020 Patch

by noel1976

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice
  1. My game crashes both with and without cc
  2. I've only been playing a new save I started after the update
  3. Haven't noticed any specific in-game actions or amounts of time that trigger it
  4. I can manage to play for well over an hour, but it'll eventually crash if I don't keep saving my game
  5. I've only got two crash files although the game has crashed four times since the update (I uploaded the most recent one)
Attachment
Download this attachment
Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 351 of 930 (907 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've been crashing in all the ways possible, with a new save no mods no CC. Also with my old save file with updated mods. I went offline on this save and crashed big time, with the audio getting stuck on a loop of a sim talking. I had never crashed before, not that I noticed at least.

Message 352 of 930 (891 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@TheSimsSerbia I downloaded that link and I played for 18 minutes and then the crash happened.
Message 353 of 930 (862 Views)

Missing MSVP140.dll and VCRUNTIME.140.dll

★★★ Newbie

After updating to the latest version of the Sims 4 on Origin, every time I try to play I get two error messages:

The code execution cannot proceed because MSVP140.dll was not found

The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME.140.dll was not found.

I tried reinstalling origin, nothing. I followed the advice of downloading this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=48145 but that didn't work because it said I already had a newer version installed. 

Can someone please help me?

Message 354 of 930 (677 Views)

★★ Novice
  1. Are you using mods/cc in your game (if so, PLEASE test without before posting) Yes, but tested without and still crashing.
  2. At what point does your game crash ? Is there any particular point ? Every time, 10-15 mins in. Usually when using triple speed, it freezes and crashes. 
  3. Are you only having crashes on existing saves or also if you start a new one for testing purposes ? Only on existing saves, new save does not crash.

On a HP Pavillion, R5 processor with Vega Graphics, purchased in March 2020. Am 65 babies into the 100 baby challenge so would hate to lose this save file Frown

Attachment
Download this attachment
Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 355 of 930 (832 Views)

sims 4 crashing after update

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Is anybody else's sims 4 crashing randomly and just closing the application by its self without warning since yesterdays update? 

Annoying me now because its done this 3 times within 24 hours and i havent saved it AGAAAIN!! 

Is it just me? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Message 356 of 930 (653 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have The same problem, play for 30 min then it shuts now, not to speak of the many bugs i have found in that hafe hour.  

Message 357 of 930 (817 Views)

Re: sims 4 crashing after update

★★★★★ Novice
@riococo19 and i know 20 others
Message 358 of 930 (650 Views)

Re: sims 4 crashing after update

★★★★★ Newbie
@missjnjranch Thanks! Hopefully they will resolve this soon
Message 359 of 930 (673 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

From what I've seen in my game, it seems that it's the speed 3 that make my game close. And that is a BIG problem because when my sims is sleeping or at work I don't want to let the game on speed 1, it would be too long.

Message 360 of 930 (816 Views)