Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Crashes after November 2020 Patch

by moswalt89

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

Hi, Yes I have been experiencing this crashing issue since the November 2020 update. It keeps occurring in my existing save and is very frustrating. I don't know if new saves have this problem as well. There's no particular point when this occurs. It will just happen randomly out of no where. At one point, it was occurring at the same time of the sim day, but then I was able to get past it. I don't even know, but I'm attaching the requested documents.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 231 of 930 (697 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 crashing since November 2020 update, NOT CC/Mod relat

★★★ Newbie

HI having the same issue as everyone else. The problem didn't start until after the new update. I can play the game smoothly for about 10 mins. Here is my dx .

Message 232 of 930 (907 Views)

Sims4 crashing

★★★ Newbie

Sims 4 keeps crashing after update

Message 233 of 930 (496 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Mine has crashed twice. Once after playing for like 3+ hours and the second time after playing >1 hour. Also, the recovery function didn't seem to work at all. The first time the recovery was when I had last saved and the second time there just was nothing to recover.

1. Your Computer's  DxDiag: Attached in .rar file
  2. If you have, the following file: Documents\electronic arts\the sims 4\lastcrash.txt: Attached in .rar file
  3. The following file: Documents\electronic arts\the sims 4\config.log: Attached in .rar file
  4. Are you using mods/cc in your game? No
  5. At what point does your game crash ? Is there any particular point ? Random points.
  6. Are you only having crashes on existing saves or also if you start a new one for testing purposes ? Have not tried a new file but will.
Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 234 of 930 (660 Views)

Crashing

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Random
What do you expect to see? The game not to crash
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent update

The game crashed 3 times in 1.5 hours.

Message 235 of 930 (552 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I thought that my game just can't open (I play on origin) but now I see that this might be a serious bug. Because on Origin it says that I am currently playing while I really don't, the game won't open but Origin act is if I opened it already. What should I do about this? I am getting frustrated because I tried everything to make it work. Does anyone have some advice?

Message 236 of 930 (611 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m playing on PS4 and my game also just keeps crashing. I haven’t seen anyone on here who is playing on console reporting crashing so I thought I should come on and say I’m also experiencing this.

Message 237 of 930 (696 Views)

Re: sims 4 patch issues

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same here. I played for about 20 mins and after i hit the fastest speed while my sims was out my game just crashed. Then it crashed a second time while playing about 30 mins later again. It seems to happen while in live mode

Message 238 of 930 (700 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Still experiencing error code 22. It's frustrating that it's never been adressed in any of the updates, got it today when exiting to the manage world's screen.

Message 239 of 930 (700 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I am not using mods or cc.

Game does not seem to crash at any particular point. I was only patient enough to let it crash twice. Both times seemed to be 5 or 10 minutes maybe 15 the second time. Only similarity I noticed between the 2 was I had it on high speed, and the time froze for a couple seconds before the program closed.

First crash was on an existing save. I created a new save when I reopened the game and that one crashed too.

EDIT: 11/12/20 - Crashed again today. Worked for a lot longer but I was saving every 5 minutes at least. I might have gotten lax about saving and it crashed when I hadn't saved for a little bit. Here is a link to my save files in OneDrive.

<iframe src="https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=A6B2A66BFB8DDE0F&resid=A6B2A66BFB8DDE0F%212412&authkey=AHWMxnBhU..." width="165" height="128" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

This is my first time sharing save files so please let me know if I need to do anything different.

Thank you.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 240 of 930 (680 Views)