Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Crashes after November 2020 Patch

by funky93

Original Post

★ Novice

I am having the same problem with my game. I have all the packs and expansions except for the one that hasn't come out yet. I have no CC or mods. The game freezes then shuts down and I did not have this problem before the update. It has shut down on me 4 times so far today.

Message 211 of 930 (795 Views)

Game crashes every 2 minutes since last update (nov. 2020)

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Pets, Go to work, outdoors and vampire stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ? you tell me. Everything was going okay until I did the last update. It basically crashes and kicks me out of the game every 2 minutes,
What happens when the bug occurs? Kicks me out of the game every 2 minutes,
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to play normally ?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Last update Origin has asked me to do regarding Sims 4

The game crashes everytime i play basically since i did the last update. When i go to blogs, I've basically tried everything that people are saying to do but nothing works. Obviously I'm not the only one who seems to be experiencing this annoying problem since the update. Please help me ! Standard smile

Message 212 of 930 (749 Views)

★★ Novice

Crashes 5 - 10 minutes into playing.

No mods.

Am sad.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 213 of 930 (793 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried to do turn off online access but it wouldn’t load.....

Message 214 of 930 (779 Views)

[ Edited ]
Message 215 of 930 (774 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello,

IMPORTANT: For me all the possible causes except MS framework are totally ruled out see below 

I think I am in a unique position in which to give you information on the game. I have just got a brand new laptop (Yesterday) with a new graphics card and the SIMS 4 is the only thing I have installed. This also enabled me to start the game completely a fresh with no saved data and no mods added. 

I had been playing fine on my old laptop. I updated the new one to the new patch today and it now crashes every 5-10 minutes. 

Again no mods

No particular time it does it but currently trying to play university.

Brand new laptop, Brand new laptop

Only sims 4 installed

Played as a brand new game today 

#NOTE Cannot attach crash log, forum says does not match its file extension and has been removed.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 216 of 930 (771 Views)

★ Novice

No CC or mods, I tried playing with saves I had prior to the update and made a new save to see if it would still crash, and it has every time. The game starts out very laggy, and about 10 mins in it crashes. I did the Repair Game thing after several crashes on old saves, then it crashed twice more on the new save. I've tried to attach the crash report a few times, but it's not letting me.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 217 of 930 (760 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing during gameplay after Nov 2020 update

★★ Novice

What is the link to the google drive location? 

Message 218 of 930 (742 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Since the update my game won't even open. I delete the mods and try multiple times, same result. Any idea ? 

Message 219 of 930 (726 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm experiencing this problem consistently. I was able to play for a few hours between crashes at first, but now I can't play anymore than 5 minutes before the game crashes. At first I thought it was crashing during sleep 4X speed when notifications pop up, but there have been times it's happened at normal speed. No CC. My graphics driver is up to date. 

Also, I can't find a link to the location to upload save files. If you send me the google drive location I can upload my saves. 

Thanks! 

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 220 of 930 (720 Views)