by SimmerMars

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Crashes after November 2020 Patch

★★★ Apprentice

Are you using mods/cc in your game? 

Yes, 1 mod. I tested my game without mods or cc

At what point does your game crash?

about 10 minutes in while using speed 3

Are you only having crashes on existing saves or also if you start a new one for testing purposes?

I initially tested it on a new save and didn't have any problems. 

Attachment
Download this attachment
Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 201 of 930 (891 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict J'ai tout tenté pour ma part, enlever les mods, relancer le jeu, réparer le jeu via origin, créer une nouvelle sauvegarde avec nouvelle famille mais rien n'y fait. Le plante crash à un moment donné, et c'est surtout après avoir joué avec les personnages. J'ai pu travailler sur des maisons tout l'après midi sans que ça ne plante, mais dès que je pense aux interactions... 🙄
Voilà voilà, si ça peut aider....
Message 202 of 930 (866 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict this is also happening to me, im on mac it seems to be random when it closes there's also weird glitchy noises
Message 203 of 930 (864 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Game has been crashing after November update.  Attached files are for a new save with no mods or cc.  Crashes happen randomly without warning.  Sim could be at home or travelling.  Sometimes the audio gets stuck in a loop before crashing, but that didn't happen with the crash associated to these files.  Edited to add - I've tried repairing my game but still crashing.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 204 of 930 (817 Views)

Constant Crashes

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4 Get to Work Dine Out Get Together Cats and Dogs Vampires Realms of Magic Outdoor Retreat Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try gardening especially on any speed faster than play and more than just basic watering.
What happens when the bug occurs? The whole game crashes and everything is deleted that wasn't saved.
What do you expect to see? I send my sims to garden talk to plant or weed or take a cutting and the game just dies.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The last patch about two days ago.

Since the latest patch anytime I send my sims to go gardening the game crashes and I loses all my progress. It doesn't give an error code and there is no warning. I have noticed that the game is a bit more jolty and reluctant to load even though my system should be fine with the game requirements. I may need to turn down my graphics and check my graphics card for updates. I will do those but it still shouldn't cause a full system crash only when gardening. I have no mods just the original game and packs.

Message 205 of 930 (618 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yeah! this keeps happening to me, too! The audio will loop before it crashes! There's no error message, either! and after the game updated and I tried loading it, norton gave me a popup safety message. I'm thankful that other people are having this problem because like ngl I thought my game went corrupt and I got super scared haha. There's no crash log either? the file is just empty. I don't have any mods installed either, or cc. Does the team know about this issue? I'm thinking it has to do with sentiments, I've noticed it'll mostly happen while my sim is talking to another sim. I was super excited to play, too Frown

Message 206 of 930 (760 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Since two nights ago I can’t launch through origin. Getting the error message msvcp120.dll. This cake from nowwhere. Game was working without issue two nights ago. Repairing the games via origin and taking an AGE. Anyone any idea? Really don’t want to lose all my progress and families..

Message 207 of 930 (753 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Oh also quick note, my game has NEVER crashed before this. I've been scrolling through replies and it seems that most people haven't had crashes before, too. I'm kind of new to the sims series, so has something like this happened before? I literally started playing last month and it was fine for me
Message 208 of 930 (724 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 crashing since November 2020 update, NOT CC/Mod relat

★★★★ Novice
@shailynpaige Also, to note I was testing this with a new save file and an existing save file - and I am still having the same issue.
Message 209 of 930 (800 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 crashing since November 2020 update, NOT CC/Mod relat

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have a gaming PC. Drivers fully up to date. Played the game for hours this weekend. It's definitely the update. 

Message 210 of 930 (1,008 Views)