Re: Sims 4 crashing during gameplay after Nov 2020 update

by Purpleparasite

Original Post

★ Apprentice
@crinrict also thank you so much for trying to help!
Message 91 of 930 (1,098 Views)

Re: Issues after Nov update

Hero
@kirinth5 Your graphics drivers are a bit dated and you only have a graphics chip with minimum dedicated memory.

What settings are you playing on ? Could you check if there's newer drivers ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 92 of 930 (1,123 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem here, I am going to try all of the suggestions that Crin has made (and thank you for those). I know I don't have mods but fingers crossed that this fixes it.  I'd built the best part of a house and it got wiped, so I threw my dummy out of the cot last night and decided I was better coming at the problem when I wasn't so frustrated.  I am loving, loving, sentiments though so a little hiccup now and again can be excused being as gameplay has been improved by the sentiment system.

Message 93 of 930 (1,118 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@LahLahX No, you won't loose your current one. Just click on new game and it will create a second save game.

If there's indeed an issue with existing saves (yes, created before the patch), then that would be good info.

@Purpleparasite Could you provide infos asked on the first page ? That'd be helpful

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 94 of 930 (1,118 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi

Sorry about that strong meds, mean my brain is rarely present.  The information you asked for.

There is no file inside my sims 4 folder to say there was a crash

I removed all of my mods prior to download. Those mods were UI extensions and MCCC

I had started a new test file

And I had emptied the cache files as suggested before downloading the patch.

My diag.exe is attached and thanks for that I learned something new Standard smile

I am currently repairing game so fingers crossed that fixes it.

Thanks for bearing with me.

Message 95 of 930 (1,089 Views)

Re: New update not working

★★ Novice

Hey all! 

So when I opened the Sims 4 yesterday after the update (on 11/10), my Sims 4 screen was completely black. I exited the black and removed all custom mods, then tried to shut down the game. It would not shut down, so i restarted my computer. When I tried again, it was all black right when i opened it and did not allow me to access anything else when i pressed the windows button. The windows bar was all black, so pressing the windows button only made my toolbar with different apps pop up. I tried clicking on one of those, but i can't access it because my Windows bar won't pop-up, it just continues to show the black screen. I cannot access Origin or the game files. What should I do? Thank y'all for any suggestions you have! 💖

Message 96 of 930 (994 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

So, I went through this whole thread and did the following

1. Moved all PS4 and Mac post to the according threads in the Mac/Console forum
  2. Did a quick check on DxDiag and CrashLogs if anything catches my eye. if you didn't get an answer, there was nothing that I saw taking a quick look. The info you provide isn't for me tough but for EA cause the more info they have the better.
  3. Answered some users that were using mods.

It seems all very inconclusive from what I'm reading and crashes are pretty random so I can't give any tips at this point.

Best you can do for now is:

1. Test new and pre-patch saves and see if it happens on both
  2. Provide infos asked on the first page
  3. Provide your saves to SimQARobo as asked (link on the first page)
  4. Have patience (and yes I know that sucks)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 97 of 930 (1,078 Views)

sims

★★ Novice

So i've never had issues with the sims, however today I was playing and my sim went to make a meal and he placed the unmade meal on the table and it disappeared from the queue, he went to make another meal without prompt and did the same thing. now whenever i select resume meal or clean up the game instantly crashes 100% of the time, i've restarted my computer, made sure im up to date on updates, not sure whats up with it

Message 98 of 930 (829 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I was experiencing the same issue, when i turned off online features access my game hasn't crashed so far.

Message 99 of 930 (1,064 Views)

Re: my game is randomly shutting off

★★★ Novice

So I've tried to make a rar version of my crashfile, I hope it worked and that it's attached properly (never done this before).

The crashes occured while randomly playing after several minutes. Not necessarily while in build mode or whatever. Just randomly while playing.

I have created a new game and so far it's not crashing. I really hope that I will be able to play my saved game again, because I've played it for months so I've made a lot of progress and I don't really feel like starting it all over again...

Thank you for your help! 

Amber

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 100 of 930 (1,061 Views)