Re: Game Crashes After 11/10/2020 Update

by drdre170

Original Post

Re: my game is randomly shutting off

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Same here.

With the game freshly updated. No CC, no mods. I've managed to play through one sim-day. In the night when game auto changed to speed 3 it closed. Repairing game isn't helping. I've repaired it and got second crash today. 

@crinrict First time lastcrash wasn't generated. But for today's crash I've got it. Archive attached. Config & DXDiag log also attached.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 50 of 930 (1,855 Views)

Re: Newest patch causes crashes and freezing

★ Apprentice

Yep mine keeps crashing too - had no issues before the update. I'm gutted!

Message 51 of 930 (1,877 Views)

★★ Novice
@bossladyEmily79 my game just keeps crashing randomly now after the update. EA, SIMS 4, HELP!
Message 52 of 930 (1,826 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing during gameplay after Nov 2020 update

★ Apprentice

Same here, good spec laptop, had no issues before, as soon as I did the update it now crashes. No CC or anything. Im gutted!

Message 53 of 930 (1,934 Views)

Game Crashes after November 10 update

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just start playing the game
What happens when the bug occurs? The game crashes.
What do you expect to see? I am playing for a little while then it just Crashes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 10 2020 Update

I can't attach anything the game just crashes

Message 54 of 930 (1,782 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Mine too is there an open ticket for that, game just crashes no warning no message just crashes ever since the update. I preordered the new DLC and it looks like I wont be able to play it 

Message 55 of 930 (1,816 Views)

Game crashing

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.33
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except snowy escape. All game packs except strangerville and star wars. Laundry day stuff, nifty knitting stuff, perfect patio stuff, spooky stuff, tiny living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play the game for a few minutes
What happens when the bug occurs? No matter what I do the game closes out after a few real world minutes. I've tried different saves, new saves, doesn't matter. There is no notification
What do you expect to see? The game to not close
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It worked fine this morning but doesn't work after I downloaded the newest patch

I was really excited to play with the new update but my game keeps crashing after a few minutes. Just closes down instantly with no notifications 

Message 56 of 930 (1,849 Views)

Sims 4 Crashing after last update (Nov 10, 2020)

★★ Novice

So the game has worked fantastically until this latest update. Whenever I play, regardless of it being a new game or an older saved game, it plays perfectly for about ten to fifteen minutes, then freezes and crashes. I have no mods whatsoever, and no community content. I have repaired the game multiple times (both through Origin and Steam itself) and I have done both the cache emptying trick, and the temp data deletion path as well. Neither worked. The game still crashes after ten minutes. I've run several diagnostics through DXDiag, and encountered no problems and everything seems up to date. Again, I want to stress that I believe it's something with the latest patch, as prior to it, I could run the game literally all day without the slightest lag. Should I wait for a patch on the patch, or is there some other issue I'm potentially missing?

Message 57 of 930 (1,826 Views)

Re: my game is randomly shutting off

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

this is happening to me too, i did preorder snowy so can i get my money back since now my game is unplayable cuz what am i suppose to do with a DLC I cant play

Message 58 of 930 (1,815 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing during gameplay after Nov 2020 update

★★★ Newbie

Same here. No mods just reuploaded and deleted everything. Play on PC and PS4 and am having this issue on both. Deleted the game from PS4 too and deleted all the expansions just in case and still blue screens and crashes. 

Message 59 of 930 (1,904 Views)