Re: my game is randomly shutting off

by Harukotyan

Original Post

Sudden Crashes after 1.68.154.1020 Updated (11/10/2020)

★ Apprentice

Some Specs:

• I have all expansions/game packs/stuff packs except Journey to Batuu.
  • I play on a Lenovo laptop
  • AMD Radeon(TM) RX Vega 10 Graphics Card
  • AMD Ryzen 7 2700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx Processor.

My game has never crashed before, I think in all of my 1900+ hours of gameplay I crashed out once like 3 years ago. I've never had an issue playing until this update. I've already removed all my script mods, and ran a compatibility check for my regular CC and no issues. It's got to be something with the update. Before this update, since the last update my game has been super laggy. I thought maybe this update would fix it but it seems to have made it worse. I don't know if there's anything I can really do, I'm mostly posting to see if anyone else is having the same issue and to get it out there to make EA aware I guess? This kinda sucks I really wanna play with the new features but I get 10 minutes in and crash out.

Here are the instances when my game crashed:

• Pregnant sim finished throwing up in the toilet, one dog sim in the house, one other sim in the house eating breakfast. As the sim was getting up from throwing up the game crashed. 
  • Both sims at work, dog sim in the living room. Clicked on the fridge to open it, while the options menu was popping up it crashed. 

Would love to know if anyone else is having this problem.

Thanks Guys!

Message 40 of 930 (4,276 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing during gameplay after Nov 2020 update

★★★★ Novice

Same here, game freezes and then crashes. Also noticed my sims will no longer age up, either naturally or with birthday cake. Deleted all mods, repaired game, made new save file--new save file worked for a while but just crashed the same way. I was so looking forward to this update and now can't even play the game. But it's 2020 and we aren't allowed to have nice things. 

Message 41 of 930 (4,480 Views)

Re: Newest patch causes crashes and freezing

★★★ Newbie

Same! I've been experiencing freezes, and it takes a very very long time to load screens now. Sigh! Hope EA looks into this.

Message 42 of 930 (4,408 Views)

Game crashes on load - before main menu is reached

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? unknown - the game crashes before it can load
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? eco, GTW, uni, c&d, get together, city, fame, spa, jungle, dine, parent, outdoor, stranger toddler, kids, moschino, laundry, tiny, spooky, back, bowl, movie, luv2knit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? open game, maxis logo, plumbob spin into logo, sims logo, plumbob loading screen 1 *crash*
What happens when the bug occurs? game crashed completely and goes back to origin - no error popup, it just stops working
What do you expect to see? the game to load
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. update to game. tried to dl reshade, removed it uninstalled origin and sims 4 installed base and holiday issue persists with no DLS, fresh install, no mods or cc, no cache

dont have

Message 43 of 930 (4,301 Views)

Constant crashes after update

★★★ Novice

My partner and I purchased Sims 4 yesterday via Steam. It was working fine until the update. Now, the game crashes after 20-30 minutes of running.

Also, it seems that our audio glitches out after awhile, getting replaced with something that sounds like a constant tapping or clicking.

We have a few DLC, namely Cats and Dogs, City Life, Get to Work, and Dine Out, and have not installed any mods.

Message 44 of 930 (4,281 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m also having this problem and my current Sim is in university. So many hours of homework and projects lost today. 

Message 45 of 930 (4,502 Views)

Game Crashes in Live Mode after November Patch

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Per the request to make an individual thread for each user

My game crashed after about an hour and a half of live play (I didn't exactly time it.)  I had played earlier in the day with an existing save file, but I was only in build mode and everything seemed fine until I shared the build to the gallery - I'd noticed an error in the build, corrected it, and uploaded again and the game seemed to freeze, though clicking to close the window brought up the proper "save and exit" dialog.

The second time I played, I created a new save and played a spellcaster.  I was able to travel to Britechester, and then the Magic realm, without issue.  However, while in the Magic realm I had my spellcaster ask to learn spells from L Faba, and it was at this point the game crashed.

The Rar file also includes the Last Exception and Last UI exception files I found while looking for Last Crash

I have no mods or CC currently installed.  I'm hoping I don't have to run a repair, as I'm having issues with Origin maxing out my CPU when I do that as well (I'm hoping that the new desktop app won't have that issue.)

Attachment
Download this attachment
Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 46 of 930 (4,276 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I just did a full origin repair which took 3+ hours. This depends on how many expansions and packs you got. After i did this. I went into the game, moved my family out of their household that i played in, then put them back in the house. This seemed to fix it for me. Im not sure which step fixed it for me, but try these and see if it works.  I had no crashes for 3 hours. I noticed some odd behavior in the game itself and such, but at least it loaded up and let me play my family save. Not sure if this will work for you, but you can try it. You have to be very patient with the origin repair.

Message 47 of 930 (4,499 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes

Hello all.

For anyone experiencing frequent crashing (without mods), would you be willing to share your affected save files? 

If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 48 of 930 (18,393 Views)

Re: my game is randomly shutting off

★★★★ Pro

My game crashed to desktop after 5 minutes while my Sims were playing darts. A moment before the sound began to stutter.

Message 49 of 930 (4,339 Views)