Re: my game is randomly shutting off

by DaWaterRat

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 crashing during gameplay after Nov 2020 update

★★★ Newbie

Arg same. I do have CC but nothing else. It's the first time that my game is crashing after an update. I read about the moving the CC folder out but reading the comments here make me wonder if that would actually solve the problem since so many people are having this issue with no CC at all... 
My crashing times are kind of random... It's crashed like 6+ times since I have been playing this evening but sometimes it was after 10  minutes, some were after 3 minutes. I don't get it!!! 

Message 30 of 930 (3,021 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Its doing that to me too but it won't even let me into the game at all. I've tried everything.

Message 31 of 930 (3,022 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@hobbit5494 I’ve had the same problems as well. no mods or cc. I’m able to play, but I normally play without aging and I tried to age up a sim with the normal route (birthday candles) and the sim would just reset and not age up. I tried making different cakes and doing it with different sims and it wouldn’t work. So I tried going into cas in full edit mode and my game crashed maybe 5 minutes later. Super frustrating. I hope they fix this ASAP.
Message 32 of 930 (2,978 Views)

Issues after Nov update

★ Novice

Experiencing severe lag time and also random game crashing when in play mode.  Some lagging in build mode, but have not had the game crash yet.

DxDiag.txt, lastCrash.rar and Config.log attached.  

Attachment
Download this attachment
Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 33 of 930 (2,772 Views)

SIMS 4 crashes after Nov 10 2020 update

★★ Novice

I did the patch update this evening and now my game crashes after about 20 mins or so. I dont use MODS or CC. I'm not very tech savvy. So if you're willing to help patience will be needed. I have a few expansion packs but haven't had issues until after this update. 

Message 34 of 930 (2,737 Views)

★ Guide

Was just playing a test save and it crashed on me too.

I was in the Magic Realm asking L Faba to teach mischief magic when the game froze for a moment, then crashed.  I'd been playing for about an hour as well.

Message 35 of 930 (2,823 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Just had this happen to me. No CC or mods. Game never crashes previous to this incident. I was playing prior to the crash with a former save for hours. Started a new save, built a house using the new platform and was able to play for two sim days, travelled to the gym before it black-screened and returned me to origin. Relaunch the game, uploaded the same sim and house from my gallery played for one sim day, travelled to a nightclub and encountered another problem with an audio loop of simlish. The game didn't crash but the loop didn't end regardless of what I did (build mode, travelling home). Saved the game and tried to exit it but then it stuck. Task manager said the game was not responding.

Message 36 of 930 (2,818 Views)

★★ Novice

Mine is doing this but only when I'm off my home lot. I can't do the festivals or go to bars. Game crashes every time. No CC or mods. 

Message 37 of 930 (2,940 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Also I had played earlier today with building, and I was able to build for some time just fine.  I only had the crash when I was playing in Live mode

I'd add the crash and exception files, but the system is telling me that the content type doesn't match, even though they're both txt files.

Edit to add: And apparently there was also a UI exception.

I have no mods installed, no CC.  Running a vanilla game (at the moment.)

I'd try repairing the game, but Origin maxes out my CPU when I try a repair (yes, I've commented over there as well.)

Message 38 of 930 (2,816 Views)

★★ Novice
@hobbit5494 I have taken out mods folder, repaired game, my laptop has had no issues before update running the game. I even reinstalled my graphics drive. I have been crashing everytime I open it within 5 minutes of playing...
Message 39 of 930 (2,927 Views)