Re: Sims 4 crashing during gameplay after Nov 2020 update

by laurel020

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Same problem here. In the last hour I've crashed after 15 minutes, after 10, and twice after around 5 minutes, after the 10/11/2020 update. No warning, the gameplay just stops and the programme closes.
No mods, nor CC.
New PC bought in mind to play Sims 4 after it wouldn't play on my old system.

Message 10 of 930 (6,327 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi everyone,

this thread seems to be a bit hard to help with as there doesn't seem any common factors. Currently it's best if everyone made their own thread, posting the following info

1. Your Computer's DxDiag
  2. If you have, the following file: Documents\electronic arts\the sims 4\lastcrash.txt
  3. The following file: Documents\electronic arts\the sims 4\config.log

You can upload DxDiag and config.log directly to your post.

For any lastCrash files, either create a rar file and upload that or copy/paste the content of the file to a post inside spoiler tags (the icon next to the strike-through)

Please use this forum for Windows Crashes only.

If you are on console, post in the console forum here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/bd-p/the-sims-4-technical-issues-consoles-en

For Mac here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

There's also a self-troubleshooting thread for crashing here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/FAQ-Sims-4-Crashes/m-p/3586547

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 930 (6,309 Views)

sims 4 patch issues

★★★★ Novice

I have just had the latest patch for Sims 4 installed on my game but now. my game shuts down while I'm playing. I have shut down and restarted my computer a couple of times but its still doing it. HELP!!

Message 12 of 930 (5,653 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

ok Crinrict, i will post my info in a new thread. Sorry i did not read before. I do not know how to upload my lasterror, so i will have to figure that out.

Message 13 of 930 (6,262 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My setup is decent and runs the sims well but its not even letting me open the app.

Message 14 of 930 (6,229 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same issue. Unplayable at this stage. And don’t want to wait another few months for them to get around to fixing it. I hope they fix it soon. Whatever happened to beta testing a game before putting out new updates? This many people with the same issue means “someone” didn’t test their product before releasing it. Sims is well known for its many glitches. But if it’s unplayable, that’s not acceptable. Please fix! 😰

Message 15 of 930 (6,158 Views)

Re: sims 4 patch issues

★★★★ Guide

Hello there @kaochevynova ,

I would try to Repair your Sim 4. You can do this by going to your Origin Library, Right Clicking Sims 4 and Clicking Repair. It might take a while to repair.

Let me know if this fixes anything,

-xRarely

Message 16 of 930 (5,628 Views)

my game is randomly shutting off

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 7.5.1
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything but the star wars game pack, backyard stuff, perfect patio, romantic garden, luxery party, vintage glamour, spooky stuff, nifty knitting, my first pet stuff, and moschino stuff pack..
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play for about an hour and then try to travel
What happens when the bug occurs? the game suddenly shuts off and erases everything i haven't managed to save.
What do you expect to see? that it won't randomly cut out
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. adds platforms, sentiments and the ability to vacation in every world.

please stop it from cutting out

Message 17 of 930 (5,847 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My game crashes too while playing, I have no mods or cheats enabled (never used them), I only have 2 dlcs (vampires and pets), so it's very vanilla. 

Hope in an update.

Message 18 of 930 (5,680 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’m having similar issues. I’ve tried playing with 2 of my saved households. One can’t get past 3:05 am no matter how long I play it. Second save crashes about 5 minutes into the game play. I started a new save file thinking maybe the old ones were corrupt after the recent patch. I had no problems in build mode. Spent about an hour creating a sim and building a small starter home. As soon as I left build mode, about 5 minutes in the game crashes. Sometimes the game continues to run, ieConfusednow will continue to fall, rain will continue, shower will keep running, but the time stops responding and everyone freezes. I’ve deleted all the mods I had installed before this update. 

Message 19 of 930 (6,080 Views)