[FIXED] Error 102/122 - Patch 1.36 edition

by crinrict

Original Post

[FIXED] Error 102/122 - Patch 1.36 edition

[ Edited ]
Hero

Update 2017/11/16

The numbers behind the 102: are important and there's still a few floating around. I will list them here and what to do. There's a thread for each. Please post in the appropriate one.

• Error 102:70c7f9a5/122 --> This one has been fixed in Patch 1.36.104. Please make sure you update your game and post in the thread if you still have the issue
  • Error 102:ee2b1568 --> This one looks mod related. Please remove all your mods and try without. If you have it without mods, please provide your save in the thread (instructions below)
  • Error 102:c4ef4efa --> Unclear at this point. Please remove all your mods and try without. If you have it without mods, please provide your save in the thread (instructions below)

Update 2017/11/15

This issue was fixed in a patch today. Please backup your saves and patch your game. All your old saves should be back to working order.

Update 2017/11/13

SimGuruNick just tweeted about this issue

TweetsNick102.jpg

Problem

On loading a certain save, I get either error 102 (live mode) or error 122 (build mode)

error102

Cause

The cause is unclear at this point but it seems to have something to do with broken relationships and deleting Sims.

Solution

At this point, there is none. You can try recover a new save via the recover save game function but it might break again.

RecoverSave.jpg

The best thing to do is save your broken save game to a safe place like an external drive and not play with it until this can be fixed. Backup your entire saves folder found here: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\

Start a new save and do not re-use any Sims from your gallery unless you haven't played with them. This is only temporary until EA/Maxis can fix this issue.

Before starting a new save, close down the game completely and re-start it.

What info to provide

In order to help the devs fix this issue, it would be great if you could share some info.

You can post in this thread: Error 102/122 and please include a picture of the error message. The whole number is important and it's tedious to type the it, so screenshot is the easiest way.

Please also share your saves with QA. You can find instructions how to do so in this link: [INFORMATION] How to Send User Files to The Sims 4 Team. There will most probably be no feedback but every save shared can help narrowing down the issue and fix it.

Any additional info you can give is interesting: 

• What did you do when it first occurred ?
  • Did you do any manual deleting of your Sims or were Sims culled ?
  • Does it work if you start a new save with new Sims or do you get the issue again after a while ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 1 (37,977 Views)