by SimsCDR

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CHINA] The Gallery cannot log in

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: 模拟人生4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 中文(繁體)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use The Sims 4 GALLERY in Game
What happens when the bug occurs? When tried to log into The Gallery, The Gallery show "attempting to connect" and after a strange time that "not respond ", it shows :"could not connect"
What do you expect to see? I wanna log in my Gallery.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I must say that it's not my computer's problem. I have heard many people in our country get this problem too. I tried to connected with EA helper and the advisor give me many method to solve this problem, but all is useless.

It happened in January 24th (UTC/GMT+08:00), in January 25th is work

Then it happened in February 1st (UTC/GMT+08:00), and until now (February 4th UTC/GMT+08:00) it can not work

Here are some details about how I do today and all is not work

1. My computer is 64 bit

2.I don't use or download The Sims 4 Legacy Edition

3.I have reinstalled origin and The Sims 4, It can not work

4.I tried to close the firewall and close windows security software(Only have one security software), It can not work

5.I've change my internet connection and even use VPN, It can not work

HOPE I CAN USE GALLERY IN MY HOLIDAY T_T

troubleshooting 1.pngtrouble shooting 2.png

(CM: Edited to adjust formatting/font size to improve readability)

Message 1 of 63 (8,356 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Gallery cannot log in

★★★★ Apprentice

The gallery is working for me now! I think you can try if it can work for you now.

View in thread

Message 57 of 63 (4,596 Views)

All Replies

Re: The GALLERY CAN NOT LOG IN

★★★ Apprentice
@SimsCDR Yes,the gallery can't log in china even i use a vpn.the xboxone and PS4 player also have this probrem.
Message 2 of 63 (7,700 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@SimsCDR Wondering whether they're ever going to fix this problem, or this is just permanent. I just want a notification, an explanation or something.
Message 3 of 63 (7,652 Views)

Re: oops, something has gone wrong! please try again later! SIMS 4

★★ Novice

hi there, i couldn't connect to the gallery for almost 10 days. and seems like the problem has occurred on all Chinese users. We try to connect the gallery and it keeps saying try again. Other in-game functions work perfectly. And we've tried the general solution but won't work. Any suggestions ? thanks.

Message 4 of 63 (7,505 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

YES,even i use the vpn but still can not log in ,

Message 5 of 63 (7,570 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Edited: updating the information we would need, and marking this as a solution for visibility - we are not considering this fixed.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your posts! If you are still unable to connect to the Gallery today, could you please try the connection troubleshooting steps in this guide?: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/#testconnection ('If you can't connect' section)

Once you have completed those steps, please, give it another try. If it's still not connecting, please, share with us the following information so we can investigate:

• Platform (PC / Mac / Xbox One / PlayStation 4): 
  • Internet provider (ISP): 
  • Date and time when you tried to connect (please, include the timezone): 
  • Are you using a VPN? If yes, which VPN?: 
  • If you are on PC/Mac, Origin version (you can find this from the Origin top menu, under Help > About): 
  • If you are on PC/Mac, please send the ConnectionStatus.txt file you can find in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to @SimQARobo or myself by DM
  • What you are experiencing (are you seeing an error message, an endless loading animation, or something else?)

Feel free to send me a DM with the details if you prefer that over posting publicly.

Thank you,

-Mai

@SW929818 I've moved your post here, as you seem to be experiencing the same issue than @SimsCDR.

Message 6 of 63 (7,464 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@EA_Mai

Hi! Thanks for your reply and suggestions.

My guess is that our government has blocked something Devil

Usually we can use VPN for this kind of issue, like we connect to Instagram or some other websites. But in this case VPN doesn't help at all. 

Just wonder whether EA is going to fix this problem, or you can do nothing about this either (which is totally understandable). 

Thanks!

Platform (PC / Mac / Xbox One / PlayStation 4): All platforms

Internet provider (ISP): All providers

Origin version (you can find this from the Origin top menu, under Help > About): 10.5.63.37653 - 758549

Date and time when you tried to connect (please, include the timezone): Everytime since the end of January

Are you using a VPN?: Yes.

Message 7 of 63 (7,446 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@LyuKefan I think EA server must have some problem ,because use a vpn but still not work is a very Strange things。

@EA_Mai I think your gallery not work is very strange,EA has some other games like Apex legends and Battlefield,Their multiplayer can work in china.But the sims4 gallery Can't work, come on。。。it just a gallery.I also see some other countries player say their gallery can't work on twitter att the end of January. So i think your server must have some problem.
i think your server must have some problem.

I think your server problem just like the game Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain ’s Online mode(FOB mode),For a while, its online mode did not work in China (but it can work by use a vpn), but then the game company solved this problem, so I hope you can solve this problem by learning the game I talked about。it's just a Gallery.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 8 of 63 (7,353 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@LyuKefan By the way, all platform from china have this problem, I am a xboxone player from china, I also can′t use the gallery
Message 9 of 63 (7,320 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@mike200075 oh yes! I saw your reply before, but I forgot when I wrote the feedback to @EA_Mai yesterday. I just have re-edited it, thanks for your reminding! 

@mike359I saw those twitters too, but just a few. I don't see any after 02/04/2020. I think their problem is caused by the update. Sometimes when EA is updating the game, the

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 10 of 63 (7,300 Views)