Re: The Gallery cannot log in

by mike200075

Original Post

Re: The GALLERY CAN NOT LOG IN

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Mai https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Cannot-connect-to-Gallery/m-p/8663540/hi...

Take a look at this link, I think this is the same problem .Other players in other countries  have similar problems, So this problem still exists and has not been really solved.I am a xboxone player in china , So this is more inconvenient for me than other computer players because It is much more difficult for xboxone player  to use some software that changes IP, such as VPN,And using a VPN now doesn't work。Please slove this problem. And this  game in PC  has just been updated in Simplified Chinese, which means that you still welcome Chinese players, and you don’t want this problem to continue, right?

Message 21 of 63 (1,486 Views)

EA app Team

Hi again everyone,

I understand it's frustrating not being able to access the Gallery, but without having more information, investigating what could be causing this is very difficult. Please, follow the instructions in this post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/The-Gallery-cannot-log-in/m-p/8748024#M166541

@LyuKefan thanks for answering the questions. Standard smile We are looking for individual examples though, would you be able to give us the details for yourself, please? What platform are you on? What internet provider do you have? Do you remember of a date and time when you tried to connect?

Also, have you tried following the connection troubleshooting steps?

Thanks!

-Mai

Message 22 of 63 (1,450 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_Mai

Platform (PC / Mac / Xbox One / PlayStation 4): Mac

Internet provider (ISP): China Unicom

Origin version (you can find this from the Origin top menu, under Help > About): 10.5.63.37653 - 758549

Date and time when you tried to connect (please, include the timezone): Every time since the end of January

Are you using a VPN?: Yes.

And yes, I've tried those connection troubleshooting steps. It didn't help.

Hope these will help you! Thanks again!

Message 23 of 63 (1,423 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Mai 

Product: SIMS 4

Platform:xboxone 
Which language are you playing the game in? 中文(繁體)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.23.61.2300(xboxone)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use The Sims 4 GALLERY in Game
What happens when the bug occurs? When tried to log into The Gallery, The Gallery show "attempting to connect" and after a strange time that "not respond ", it shows :"could not connect"
What do you expect to see? I wanna log in my Gallery.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?  never used
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure

It happened in February 1st (UTC/GMT+08:00), and until now (February 17th UTC/GMT+08:00) it can not work

@EA_Mai 

It is very difficult for an Xboxone player to use some software to  change the IP (such as VPN) (especially compared with PC  players) I also heard from other PC  players that use vpn does not work.EA also has other games such as Battlefield and APEX, Their multiplayer mode of these games can be used normally in China.But sims4 just have  a gallery, Why can't it be used normally in China?So i hope your teams can solve this problem. Thanks. 

Message 24 of 63 (1,415 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Thank you @LyuKefan! Standard smile

Thanks @mike200075 - what company is providing you with your internet connection? Have you tried these troubleshooting steps?: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/#testconnection

Message 25 of 63 (1,402 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Mai 

what company is providing you with your internet connection?中国电信上海China Telecom in Shanghai  (see this logo )

Have you tried these troubleshooting steps? Yes, but it not work.

Message 26 of 63 (1,384 Views)

EA app Team
@mike200075 Thanks for the info!
Message 27 of 63 (1,370 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Product: SIMS 4

Platform:PC 
Which language are you playing the game in?  English US
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number?  1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all, except Island Living,StrangerVille,Jungle Adventure,Dine Out,Tiny Living,Moschino,Spooky and Cool Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use The Sims 4 GALLERY in Game
What happens when the bug occurs? When tried to log into The Gallery, The Gallery show "attempting to connect" and after a strange time that "not respond ", it shows :"could not connect"
What do you expect to see? I wanna log in my Gallery.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? NEVER USED
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure

Message 28 of 63 (1,364 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Mai Hope your team can slove this problem.

Message 29 of 63 (1,327 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hi there,
besides the information that I have provided to your colleague @SimQARobo here are information regarding my internet connection:

Platform (PC / Mac / Xbox One / PlayStation 4): PC

Internet provider (ISP): China Unicom (Liaoning Province Network also known as 'CHINA UNICOM China169 Backbone')
I also tried connecting through 2 different hotspots using my mobile phone but it didn't work (also China Unicom and China Mobile)

Origin version (you can find this from the Origin top menu, under Help > About): 10.5.63.37653 - 758549

Date and time when you tried to connect (please, include the timezone): Continuously since the end of January

Are you using a VPN?: No

What I've tried so far:

1. Cleared Sims4 cache
  2. Removed Mods
  3. Reinstalled Origin
  4. Running Origin as admin
  5. Repairing the game
  6. Clean boot & disabling antivirus and firewall
  7. Connecting to different network (mobile hotspots)
  8. Reinstalling the game with all DLCs
  9. Opened a ticked (#55964069) with EA Help on Feb 7th. We couldn't resolve the problem together.
  10. Running UOTrace (there were 100% lost packets in some places) according to https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/#testconnection

Thank you for your help.

Message 30 of 63 (1,267 Views)