[FAQ] Unable to connect with origin

by crinrict

Original Post

Highlighted

[FAQ] Unable to connect with origin

[ Edited ]
Hero

Problem

When I open the launcher, I get the following message: Unable to connect with origin

Cause

This problem is caused by the launcher not being able to find the Origin client on your computer.

• You do not have the Origin client installed on your computer
  • The client installed on your computer is not up-to-date
  • A program (such as an Antivirus Program) or the firewall is blocking the connection
  • Your Origin Account is not connected to your thesims3.com account
  • You've changed your Email Address and now the game has troubles with certain files that store your Email address
  • Server Issues on EA side

Things you can try

First I need to say that if you don't have any Origin downloaded games, you don't really need Origin. You can simply click ok and proceed with the launcher as normal. You won't be offered any patches though but you can download those manually. See this thread for details on those: [FAQ] Current Patch - 1.63 - Manual links and more. You don't need Origin to download or Upload stuff from the Store or the Exchange.

------------------------------------

Did this FAQ help you with your issue ? If so, please consider pressing the XP button

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 70 (150,543 Views)

Re: [FAQ] Unable to connect with origin

★ Novice

I found out what I did that caused this problem. I have two hard drives on my computer. A solid state and a "regular" hard drive. I moved the origin program files to my regular drive to free up space on my ssd. Once I moved the files back to the ssd everything started working again properly.

Message 2 of 70 (105,179 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried to download the super patch and it didn't work, I also tried the manual one and that also didn't work.

Message 3 of 70 (105,047 Views)

Re: [FAQ] Unable to connect

★★★ Newbie

Someone please help! My Sims was crashing bad so I just uninstalled everything and reinstalled it. All on the same hard drive. I have an iMac. I am connected to the internet (obviously) and my email is the same for both Sims and Origin. I still get the Oops message so I can't log into the exchange or get updates or download stuff. PLEASE HELP ME SOLVE THIS!

Message 4 of 70 (105,030 Views)

★ Novice

I looked at the things that could cause the problem, & my computer is up to date, origin is up to date...etc. & I even tried the things that it said I could try, & it still doesn't work! My accounts are connected to each other as well. Frown

Message 5 of 70 (105,004 Views)

Hero

Really don't know what else could be causing the issue.

Wish I had more suggestions, but I don't

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 70 (104,342 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had that problem too and I uninstalled the game and install it again but now I have another message "no se ha podido establecer conexión con el Administrador de descargas de EA" which means something like this: "It not possible to get a connection with EA download administration". Please help me, Im desperate and angry at the same time :womansad:

I'm form Chile, by the way.

Message 7 of 70 (104,314 Views)

Re: [FAQ] Unable to connect

★★★ Newbie

This is the same issue I've been having also I've had to chat with the tech sppt 3 times and each time after they tell me what to do and it doesn't work. I'm hit with the "I'm sorry I was just informed that the Sims site is down. Just give it a couple of hours then start your game back up and it should be fine" but that isn't the case. I wish someone would be able to provide us with the proper solution to fix this issue!

Message 8 of 70 (104,205 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue

Message 9 of 70 (104,166 Views)

★★ Apprentice

If you can't help we're sunk.  I've tried everything to fix the Unable to connect problem and it's a no go.  Only thing I haven't tried is messing with the ports.  Went to Origin live chat for help and it was like talking to "Peggy" in Siberia, (reference to a Capitol One commercial), who finally kicked us up the ladder, after 10 hours of trying and got, "call EA maybe they can help".  Right.  But the game was playable and there were work arounds for the download/upload problems so I ignored it for awhile.  Now I've got the mail box bug, despite being superpatched.

Thanks for all your help Crinricht.  You are indeed our Hero(ine).

Message 10 of 70 (104,137 Views)