[FAQ] There was an error during Startup

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [FAQ] There was an error during Startup

Hero

Did you clean the registery before or after you uninstalled ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 56 (1,377 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok, I have...

reinstalled origin

got teh patch

updated graphics drivers

tried running it from the disk and going into the files and running the application

launched as an admin

checked for left-over registries-everything in there, I have installed

removed cache and user files

I have no cc or mods

I think it might have something to do with the way I have it saved (on a secondary drive). How should the files be organized? Any help is appreciated!

Message 52 of 56 (1,337 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm not sure if it's worked yet to get the game working again, but I'm feeling very hopeful after your link directed me to how to remove all traces of the Sims 3 from my laptop. There was way, way more than I was expecting to find. So thank you, crinrict, and fingers crossed it goes well!

Message 53 of 56 (1,050 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This fixed this error for me

Basically, delete old reg entries in regedit which could be left over from having the game installed previously etc.

I had to delete some from an expansion I had installed before but not anymore.

EDIT (crin): Video removed. Links to videos of that channel or site are against the tos

Message 54 of 56 (976 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Just to throw this out to anyone who tried all these and had no luck with the solutions suggested here. I tried everything here with no success until I spoke with a very patient and helpful girl from EA (Superstar Sheila!)

In the end what worked for me was creating a brand new, completely clean, admin account on my computer. When I ran the Sims 3 through Origin from the separate admin account it's been working for the past few days. So far so good, though time will tell!

Message 55 of 56 (650 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here is Something I found that worked.  In your "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3" File named Options.ini .. Use Notepad to edit it. Change line "fullscreen = 1" to "fullscreen = 0"  Now it will start in Windowed mode and you can change your Video Options into a range you can handle.

Message 56 of 56 (623 Views)