How to contact a game advisor

by crinrict

Original Post

[FAQ] Serial Codes, Game Activation and Download Issues

[ Edited ]
Hero

Please refer to this FAQ for a few common issues and solutions. If you have further issues, it's best to post in the Origin forum instead of here, since most are Origin related. People there can usually help you better or contact an EA Game Advisor directly (see below).

Please also read the linked FAQ before posting to see if your issue has been addressed in there already: [READ FIRST] Common Issues and Solutions.

Index

I'm trying to register my game but it says the serial code is invalid/already used

When starting my game from the short-cut, the game asks for my serial code again/asks me to activate... 

The game no longer shows up in Origin 

The game is grayed out in Origin

I have a new computer that doesn't have a DVD drive / lost the DVD 

I made a new account but I can't register my game again 

How can I remove the game from my account ? 

Where can I redeem my serial Code/ register my game ? 

General download issues

Problems connecting to the gallery

I'm trying to register my game but it says the serial code is invalid/already used

Depending on the situation the solution to this may vary.

You bought the game on Origin

If you bought the game on Origin, it's not necessary to register the code anywhere. Download the Origin Client here: http://origin.com/download, login with the same email you bought the game with and find the game in the Game Library tab within the Origin Client to download. You don't need the serial code.

You bought the game on DVD and the box was sealed

Make sure you typed the code right. The following letters look very similar and are easily mistaken for each other

• 0, O and D
  • 8 and B
  • Z and 2

If it still says it's invalid, try taking it back to the store you bought it from and exchange it. If they are not willing to do that, contact an EA Game Advisor with proof of purchase ready.

You bought the game on DVD and the box was not sealed/it's a used game

Used games cannot be re-registered. Take it back to where you bought it and get a refund.

You bought a key from a key seller

Contact the key seller for a replacement. If you bought the game from a unauthorized seller, it's possible that EA blocked the key if they were bought fraudulently by the seller. You're better off to only buy from authorized sellers.

You have already registered the game yourself and are trying to reinstall the game

The game does not need to be registered again. Login in the Origin Client with the Email/PW you first registered the game on and download and install the game from there. The game only needs to be registered once and you won't need the code again after your initial registration. This is true for both the DVD and the download version. You can skip the activation step on reinstalling.

When starting my game from the shortcut, the game asks for my serial code again/asks me to activate the game

This usually happens if you are logged out of Origin for some reason or if there was an Origin Client update. Don't use the shortcut to start the game if this happens but log into Origin first (use your Email address) and check if the game still properly shows up in the My Library tab within the Origin Client. Do any necessary Origin and Game updates and then hit PLAY in Origin to play the game. 

If the game no longer shows up in Origin, see below. 

The game no longer shows up in Origin

Try the following things: 

• Restart Origin.
  • Log out and back in and use the email address instead of the user name. Make sure to use the one you used to register the game in the first place.
  • Reinstall Origin.
  • Restart your router/modem.
  • Make sure the game isn't hidden by accident. To check, put the filter to Hidden Games. If it's there, right-click on the game to unhide ((click on the spoiler below to view an exemplary screenshot))
    Spoiler
    Hidden.png 
  • Get in touch with an EA Game Advisor.

The game is grayed out in Origin

First you need to check if your payment has gone through. Unless your order says fulfilled, you won't be able to download. If you have issues with your payment, you'll need to contact a game advisor.

• Log out and back in
  • If you are on a mac, make sure you download Origin for Mac.
  • Check on the Status of your order to see if it has processed. If it still says processing, make sure your credit card info is up-to-date
  • Restart Origin
  • Reinstall Origin
  • Start Origin as administrator
  • Make sure Origin is online (click on the spoiler below to view an exemplary screenshot)
    Spoiler
    offline.png
  • Option in Origin Beta
  • Make sure the game is updated by right-clicking on the game and choose Update Game (if possible)

I have a new computer that doesn't have a DVD drive / lost the DVD

You don't need to rebuy the game or anything. Just download the Origin client here http://origin.com/download and then either login with the account you have previously registered the game on or make an new account and register the game on it. Then download the game through the My Library tab within the Origin Client .

I made a new account but I can't register my game again

You can't register already registered games again. You need access to the account the game was first registered on. If you forgot your information, contact an EA Game Advisor, they can usually help you out.

How can I remove the game from my account ?

You can't. Once registered the game is stuck on that account. Make sure to keep your information safe.

That said, if you don't feel like seeing the game anymore in your Origin Client, you can go to "My Library", right click the game tile and choose "Hide". This will exclude the game from your list of games from now on.

Where can I redeem my serial Code/ register my game ?

Find all information here: Redeem Your Serial Code in Origin 

Problems connecting to the gallery

Try the following steps

• Make sure Origin is online. If not, please refer to the Origin forum for troubleshooting.
  • Go to your game options in game, chose the Tab Other and make sure Online Access is checked (click on the spoiler below to view an exemplary screenshot)

Spoiler
    CAS4MoreOptions.jpg
  • Make sure you don't have an underage account (age may vary depending on the country you are in). If you don't have the Online Access Option, you have an underage account and are not allowed to use the online features.

General Download issues

Please refer to this article for Origin and Connection issues: Origin Errors and Connection Issues FAQ

The most common Download issues are as following.

Download doesn't start 

Download is really slow despite of fast Internet connection 

This is usually the case if there's lots of people downloading at the same time. You can try pausing the download and resuming to see if it picks up in speed.

Download reverts to lower percentage

Try turning on Safe Downloading in your Origin Options (click on the spoiler below to view an exemplary screenshot).

Spoiler
Safemode.png

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 2 (60,016 Views)

Hero

If you need help concerning your account, no one here will be able to help you, cause these are private matters that cannot be discussed in a public forum. Contact an EA Game Advisor instead

EA Game Advisors can be found through live chat or call back. Options may vary depending on your region and the time of day.

1. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 
  2. Click on the orange NEXT button
  3. Select a platform
  4. Click on the orange NEXT button
  5. Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
  6. Click on the orange NEXT button
  7. Click Chat Now to chat with an EA Game Advisor or choose the call-back option to have an EA Game Advisor call you.

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor using the new EA Help page

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (60,002 Views)