Re: [FAQ] Save Errors (Error 12, 13, 15, 16)

by GeorgeAndAlice

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I have a 32bit operating system but 4GB RAM, does this make any difference?

I also never had the problem or error 12 before I got the seasons patch.

Message 21 of 90 (3,676 Views)

Hero

32 bit systems can only use 2 GB of RAM. There is a trick to make the Operating System use more but that is more for advanced users and I'm not really recommend it. Try google if you want to try it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 90 (3,675 Views)

★★ Novice

what difference does a 32 or 64 bit operating system make???

Message 23 of 90 (3,638 Views)

Hero

A 32 bit operating system is not capable of using the RAM that you have.

It can only assign around 2 GB of RAM to all of your running programs combined (cause the operating system and video card and all also need RAM). A 64 bit system can assign more RAM but it then depends if the program itself is a 32 bit application or a 64 one. Sims is a 32 bit application so 4 GB of RAM is all an operating system can assign to the program.

I'm not really good at explaining this, since this is getting to much on the technical side for me.

There are many articles on this on the net which you can read.

Here's one: http://lifehacker.com/5431284/the-lifehacker-guide-to-64+bit-vs-32+bit-operating-systems

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 90 (3,637 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Does your team have any plans to actually fix this issue?  My system meets and surpasses all minimum requirements.  I have 4 gb of ram, tons of disk space... I clean out the saves folder and check the current game folder.  I save frequently and use the save as feature.  I cleaned out the sims memories.  I do run 32 bit, but given that you should be compatible with 32 bit, unless you feel like paying me to make the upgrade to 64, that's not happening.  I can't play for more than 45 minutes at a time, including the 3 minutes each time to save.  I have been trying and trying to get through ONE sim day, and it can't seem to make it.  Should we expect a patch to fix this? Or can I get a refund on my games, since you've gone and made them unusable?  It seems to me like there is an implicit concept - you release a product that works, given certain base standards, and if it doesn't work, you should allow people to return it.  I've met the standards based on your documentation, the game still doesn't work, and it's more than a little frustrating.

Message 25 of 90 (3,604 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

If you're talking to me, I don't work for EA. Just a user like you.

Contact Customer Support if you want a refund.

They can be found here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us

Choose a category, a game and a platform for the option so show up.

If live chat is gray, change your country to US and make sure you're on US Business hours. It might also gray because they're very busy. Try later.

See this post if you have trouble with the site: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/how-to-contact-ea.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 90 (3,599 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Installed Seasons and created a new family/game. First save - no trouble. Second save I had error 12.

My system specs:

Windows Vista Home Premium

Service pack 2

Intel system

Processor is IntelFootball 2Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz 

Memory (RAM) 4.00GB

System Type: 32-bit

Never had a problem with Sims 3 Until the Seasons expansion!

Message 27 of 90 (3,588 Views)

★★★ Novice

i have windows 64, Intel core i5 CPU 760@2.8ghz (4cpu's), ~2.8ghz processor, and 8192mb ram (8gb) and  a brand new compatible video card. i called origins before the purchase of seasons to make sure i was compatible and i am now getting error 12 messages.

WHY?

what am i missing?

anyone know.

thank you so much

pattid914

Message 28 of 90 (3,578 Views)

Hero

Have you been playing this game for a while ? Do you get erorr 12 all the time or only on say Vacation towns ?

Try checking how much RAM the game uses when you try to save and get the error.

To do so, minimize the game and start the task manager with eiterh ctl-alt-delete or by right-clicking on the bar at the bottom. Go to processes and find the TS3w.exe process. What's the amount of RAM that is used ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 90 (3,575 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Check the folder CurrentGame.sims3 in documents before starting the game. It should be empty. It only contains data during gameplay. If your game crashed, this folder might still contain something. Move or delete it's content.

I get this all the time and I am glad you mentioned it, I know check this folder either before or after I start a game or both if I cant rememer if I did it last time. My question is, why? Why do I have this so often? What is it from? Is there anything I can do to prevent it.

Thank you so much crinrict, you have made so many of my sim problems better!!

Message 30 of 90 (3,558 Views)