Re: [FAQ] Save Errors (Error 12, 13, 15, 16)

by nikaw29

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Just an update: The uninstall didn't work.  Still got error 12 after trying to save after I switched my active household.  I just don't understand how all this happens from adding an expansion pack. So I chatted again with EA tech support and am now downloading a super patch???  I will give this a try and see what happens.  What is odd is that prior to seasons, my game file as about 2gb.  Never crashed, never ran slow.  Since Seasons, I have cleared cache, memory files, and changed my DEP and my game file is just under 700mb.  How much sense does that make?  If memory was an issue, shouldn't I have had this error when my game file was nearly 3x what it is now?

Message 61 of 90 (1,482 Views)

Hero

With 64 bit and 4 GB you shouldn't get error 12 until about 3.4 GB of RAM Usage.

Does it happen to all your savegames or one particular one ?

Are you using a lot of custom content ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 62 of 90 (1,476 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
No mods or custom content. It doesnt happen on every save, which is what's frustrating. Last night the last tech person had me to send a diagnostics report with my driver and PC info and said my issue now is I don't have enough dedicated memory. It's 32 mb and he said I need at least 64mb but it's recommended I have 1gb. When I looked things up online, I found there is no way to increase this because it's an Intell HDD card in a laptop and laptops don't have it in their BIOS to change dedicated memory for these. Unless I'm missing something, it sounds like I might be screwed. I read that I can reduce my game graphics but I don't know how and by how much would help. Any guidance you might have would by greatly appreciated.
Message 63 of 90 (1,472 Views)

Hero

You can do that in you game options, on the graphics tab.

Just lower everything and turn off mirror reflections.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 64 of 90 (1,470 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
In your honest opinion, will that help me with my issue? Also, is there anything I can purchase (other than a new laptop) to help with this?
Message 65 of 90 (1,467 Views)

Hero

I would need your DxDiag to give you a honest opinion. Why don't you make your own thread ?

Haven't really heard of error 12 being caused by the dedicated memory but if you really only have 32 MB, you'll run into issues sooner or later, so lowering options might also help with error 12 (always willing to learn of course)-

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 66 of 90 (1,466 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice
Do I start it and invite you to it somehow?
Message 67 of 90 (1,467 Views)

Message 68 of 90 (1,465 Views)

Hero

OK. Let's continue there then Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 69 of 90 (1,456 Views)

★★ Novice

I know it has been a long time since someone has posted on here but has anyone actualy got the base game and expantion packs all working or is it just me that been trying for a week to get this stupid game working and still no look. I get errors 12 and 16 and what it actually does is replaces my previous save games with a bad carupted file. My memery is fine and the computor plays the sims fine and checked everything and done everything people have said but still no look. I dont have to play the sims for a very long time for one of these errors to pop up or the sims to compleatly crach. Again I have even taken this to people who repair computors and still cant play on it so it is a curupted file EA games has released within the game no my computor before anyone starts. again it replaces my normaly good saved games with a currpted bad save game. Please fix this as tryed patches and everything.

Message 70 of 90 (1,251 Views)