Re: [FAQ] Save Errors (Error 12, 13, 15, 16)

by nikaw29

Original Post

★★ Novice

Thank you.  I was so frustrated. My folder was saving everything like you said.  I moved it to my desktop and I was able to save.   I havent had any issues like this. Really upsetting.  I have been laid up and playing a lot. Gets my mind off my pain better than drugs! Confusedmileyhappy:  But when error 12  started happening I thought I would cry.  My game also just freezes and then turns off at time.  I tried playing in a different screen mode....but what a pain that is to not have the screen move with my curser. ugh!  I recently installed supernatural and seasons.  I'm about ready to turn off all the seasons and see if that helps the freezing and shut down.  Seems to happen mostly during rain, snow etc and a few times during build a sim mode.  I have to save often because of it and wonder if that also may be why I get the error 12 message. 

But thanks for saving my game.  My sim guy just had an alien baby.  What a surprise.  If you know what to do about the freezing and black screen with shut down you will once again be a life saver!!!! 

Thanks again!

Message 51 of 90 (1,222 Views)

★★ Novice

I saved the saves file to my desktop and it worked just doing that!!!  Saved my game!!!

Message 52 of 90 (1,237 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I really can't believe you said we have to had a 64bit operating system and 4 Gb RAM when the system specs ask only for 1 Gb. This is not solving a problem, I am sorry but this is not a solution

Message 53 of 90 (1,191 Views)

★★★ Novice

yeah this is crap :/ ssaving under a new name doesnt do a dam thing so how bout putting the REAL solution up instead of bogus solutions 

Message 54 of 90 (1,119 Views)

★★★ Novice

I still have the Error Code 12 problem. Even after uninstalling manually and reinstalling the base game and all the EP's that I own and disabling the Memory system in game AND upgrading my video card.

My system more than exceeds the minimum requirements and I make sure to check and/or clean my Sims folders before each play session.

I've been playing since the original Sims and have been a loyal simmer, so it's really frustrating to me that there are so many glitches and errors that don't seemed to be fixed anymore.

I even made sure to add the base game and all EP's in my DEP. I save my current game regularly and backup consistently, I even limit my playtime to a maximum of two hours now. Which is literally, the maximum amount of time that I can play before getting the Error Code 12.

It doesn't matter if I change the save name, if I pause or unpause, change the speeds...because I will still get the error once I've gotten it. I can't save in Edit Town Mode because that will actually crash my game.

I have tried everything that I can find to fix or get past this error and nothing has worked except making sure to turn off my game before I hit the two hour mark.

Message 55 of 90 (1,072 Views)

Hero

So what OS do you have ? 64 bit or 32 bit ? How much RAM ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 56 of 90 (1,069 Views)

★★★ Novice
64 bit with 4GB of RAM. Which, is apparently what the game needs to help prevent Error Code 12 and yet, I still get it.
Message 57 of 90 (1,058 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi- I have been getting the Error 12 fairly regularly.  I have added the .exe files to DEP and I have increased my virtual memory.  I run a 64 bit machine, 4GB RAM and 2.4 ghz processor.  I clear all the cache files, cleared the dcbackup folder, I am now having to clear out the current game folder as well.  I get the error regardless of how long I have played and almost always after build/buy.  Is there something else I am doing wrong or need to try to fix this?  Oh and this started after I installed and started using Seasons.  Thanks for any guidance.

Message 58 of 90 (1,053 Views)

Hero

With 4 Gigs you still need some for the OS which leaves you with less than 4 GB for the game.

If you can, upgrade to 6 GB or 8 GB.

Also check on the task manager how much memory the game actually uses.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 59 of 90 (1,034 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks so much for the reply.  While my game is running, it seems to fluctuate in the 2 - 2.2 GB range.  I chatted with EA techs today and the third tech said it sounded like my game was corrupted.  She had me uninstall my game manually.  When I attempted to reinstall, I found that my DVD drive doesn't always read my disc.  So I downloaded the digital copy, which I should have done already, considering all my other packs are digital.  Anyhow, I am waiting now for my game to load and will see what happens.  I do plan on looking into an upgrade though.  It couldn't hurt anything.  I will post again after I get into my game and try to save.  I am also wanting to see if my load time decreases.  Currently it takes between 25 mins to 1.5 hours to load and this started after Seasons was installed.  My save time is about 30 mins too.  Fingers crossed...

Message 60 of 90 (1,027 Views)