Re: [FAQ] Save Errors (Error 12, 13, 15, 16)

by crinrict

Original Post

★★ Novice

OK so I downloaded directx9. When I try to install it it ask me where it should go and I have no idea, which folder am I supposed to put it in?

Also thanks for being awesomely helpful Standard smile

Message 41 of 90 (1,721 Views)

★★ Novice

This is such a time consuming game. It's takes forever just to start the game and a long time to accomplish anything once you start playing. It is ridiculous that you "can't play for too long" or that you "have to save and quit often".  I play on a brand new Mac with all kinds of RAM and the latest everthing pretty much  and have only had these problems with the lastest EPs. EA can't even fix the Sims 3 and they're bringing out Sims 4? Yeah, I'm going to rush right out and buy that.

Message 42 of 90 (1,676 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi, my name is Erin and i never got error code 12 before, just a couple of months ago i bought the latest sims 3 games i have up to the university and now i get the Error code 12, i have reinstalled many times, i have the lastest updated drivers, my computer is up to date i have 4gb of ram it ran great before these last couple of games and updates. i have a 32 bit windows 7. I also have tried the save as and renaming it but it doesn't ever work for me. I am getting sick of the error, i don't know what happened with these past few games and updates but i was hoping you could solve the issue or have an answer for me, i have tried it all and nothing works.

Update: okay that was me for weeks, i just found out how to fix the code well it worked for me i went a whole sim day with no error code and i just used the save button too. I googled the error code 12 and i saw a youtube video that i tried and it worked. im so excited. i want to share this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWGGYziGMOc

Message 43 of 90 (1,632 Views)

Hero

Thank you for your input. I do know about that fix but I'm not feeling comfortable recommending it to everyone cause it changes some basic things on your computer.

Everyone is welcome to do it on their own risk though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 90 (1,629 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you Crinrict. But i have gone a whole sim week and no error code 12, the 32bit doesn't use all your ram and that lets you do so. my computer is even better and it is actually faster now. Im so excited, i was a vitcim of error code 12 and now im not, i feel like im back in control of my sims lives and i hope that all simmers can be error code 12 free. This worked for me, i know that it will help simmers running a 32 bit with 4gbs of ram, not all but some. i am trying to help simmers like me, did my research, now im sharing.  I know what its like to have error code 12, trust me, its no fun for any simmer. hope this help some simmers.

Thanks for your feedback Crinrict

Message 45 of 90 (1,624 Views)

Hero

What it does is make the game think that you have a 64 bit system and not a 32 bit one and hence you can use more then the 2 GB of RAM, so yeah, it works (it works as good as if you'd upgraded to a 64 bit OS).

Personally  two problems with it:

• I ultimately do not know what it does to your system and even hardware. It's a bit as if you overclock your computer or tune your car. As long as you know what you're doing, you're good
  • If tech unsavy people use this and misspell something, you can end up doing more harm then good

This is why I don't recommend it cause I don't feel comfortable doing so. Everyone is welcome to use it. It's nothing illegal and as you said, it can work very well (IF you do it right).

I'm more comfortable with telling people to upgrade to a 64 bit system. That does the same and yes, it's work and costs money but it also raises awareness that if you buy a new computer, that you should get a 64 bit OS to go with it.

You're of course welcome to suggest this to everyone, most sites do but I'm more careful Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 90 (1,618 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

Keep crashing with a code 12 or no code...

Can you please help me ?

Thanks

Caroline

I run on:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name:    MacBook Pro
  Model Identifier:    MacBookPro6,2
  Processor Name:    Intel Core i5
  Processor Speed:    2.4 GHz
  Number Of Processors:    1
  Total Number Of Cores:    2
  L2 Cache (per core):    256 KB
  L3 Cache:    3 MB
  Memory:    4 GB
  Processor Interconnect Speed:    4.8 GT/s
  Boot ROM Version:    MBP61.0057.B0C
  SMC Version (system):    1.58f17
  Serial Number (system):    W801750GAGU
  Hardware UUID:    199A2ABC-DB6C-50F7-BFFB-0D5F09692B66
  Sudden Motion Sensor:
  State:    Enabled

Intel HD Graphics:

Chipset Model:    Intel HD Graphics
  Type:    GPU
  Bus:    Built-In
  VRAM (Total):    288 MB
  Vendor:    Intel (0x8086)
  Device ID:    0x0046
  Revision ID:    0x0012
  gMux Version:    1.9.21
  Displays:
Color LCD:
  Resolution:    1440 x 900
  Pixel Depth:    32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
  Main Display:    Yes
  Mirror:    Off
  Online:    Yes
  Built-In:    Yes

Message 47 of 90 (1,586 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I get the error 12 and my windows is 32-bit but my computer is 64-bit

Message 48 of 90 (1,575 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Don't guess too soon maybe, yes they haven't solved a lot of problems with Sims 3 but maybe with the Sims 4 there wouldn't be that many problems.

Who knows?

Message 49 of 90 (1,559 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I always get this problem gonna see if it works

Message 50 of 90 (1,546 Views)