[FAQ] My Studio Uploads have disappeared

by crinrict

Original Post

[FAQ] My Studio Uploads have disappeared

Hero

Problem

Some (or all) of the stuff I had on the Exchange has disappeared. What happened ? 

Cause

The Exchange is purged on a regular basis. Stuff that isn't downloaded or accessed that often is removed without notice to the user.

Other reasons

1. Your stuff was copied from someone else (aka Plagarism) and has been removed for violating TOS
  2. Your stuff had a lot of bad cc (Read all about bad cc here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/234888.page)
  3. The picture you've uploaded with your stuff was inappropriate
  4. You broke TOS for other reasons

Solution

Do not use the Exchange as your personal place to backup your stuff. It's for sharing with other players and if no one is interested it will be removed.

Backup your user data on a regular basis yourself and you'll never loose anything again.

See this for instructions: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/faq-what-files-should-i-backup.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (1,994 Views)

My Studio Disappearing

★ Novice

Hello, ^.^ 

I have a problem. Almost everything I have uploaded to the exchange, has been been removed from my studio without any notice. Now, this wasn't really a huge concern, more like a major annoyance, but now since I've had to get a new computer and start my game from scratch, it's a problem. I've lost quite a bit of my life willingly on those items, and it really ticks me off that they are gone. So why are items disappearing from My Studio, and is there any possible way that I can get them back? Thank you :D

Message 1 of 13 (2,015 Views)

Re: My Studio Disappearing

★★★★★ Novice

littlewillabc wrote:

Hello, ^.^ 

I have a problem. Almost everything I have uploaded to the exchange, has been been removed from my studio without any notice. Now, this wasn't really a huge concern, more like a major annoyance, but now since I've had to get a new computer and start my game from scratch, it's a problem. I've lost quite a bit of my life willingly on those items, and it really ticks me off that they are gone. So why are items disappearing from My Studio, and is there any possible way that I can get them back? Thank you :D

I have the same problem with some of my uploads, wonder if there is any way we can ask EA why they have done this, I think you may be able to find them in your download history if you  have downloaded them before, but I found one item that was removed and it said that it was no longer available.

Message 2 of 13 (1,997 Views)

my studio uploads disappearing sims 3

★★★★★ Novice

I  have problems with some of my uploads to my studio in the sims 3.com, some of them have disappeared and I get a page come up with a picture saying that they are no longer available because EA have removed them. I wonder if there is any way we can ask EA why they have done this, but I found one item that was removed clicked on it and it said that it was no longer available.

Message 3 of 13 (2,001 Views)

Hero

The exchange is not a place to backup your stuff but to share with other players. Because of this, EA does regular Exchange purges where not so often downloaded stuff gets purged. This is done without notifiing the user.

To backup stuff you don't want to loose, use this method: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/faq-what-files-should-i-backup.html

I don't know if there's a way to get them back, for that you will need to contact a game advisor.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (1,995 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

The exchange is not a place to backup your stuff but to share with other players. Because of this, EA does regular Exchange purges where not so often downloaded stuff gets purged. This is done without notifiing the user.

To backup stuff you don't want to loose, use this method: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/faq-what-files-should-i-backup.html

I don't know if there's a way to get them back, for that you will need to contact a game advisor.

Thank you Crin.

Message 6 of 13 (1,982 Views)

Re: [FAQ] My Studio Uploads have disappeared

★★★★★ Novice

I have not copied anyone,

no CC,

nothing gross, just homes,

and I did not violate ToS. 

The items were not actually removed as when I tried to upload them again, it was reported that they are already on the exchange.  However, I cannot find them there and they are gone from my studio.  When I click on the history image of the uloaded lot, it takes me to the screen that states the items are no longer available.

Why other would the lots I uploaded be removed.  How can I discover why this happened?

Message 7 of 13 (1,852 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Shadoza2 wrote:

I have not copied anyone,

no CC,

nothing gross, just homes,

and I did not violate ToS. 

The items were not actually removed as when I tried to upload them again, it was reported that they are already on the exchange.  However, I cannot find them there and they are gone from my studio.  When I click on the history image of the uloaded lot, it takes me to the screen that states the items are no longer available.

Why other would the lots I uploaded be removed.  How can I discover why this happened?

the exchange is purged  that is items removed so even if i upload while the purge is happening my uploads could dissappear too ,   so try rename the lot ingame to a different name-export-upload

Message 8 of 13 (1,848 Views)

★★★ Newbie

One of my lots disappeared as well, there didn't seem to be any valid reson for it. Like Shadoza 

I didn't copy anyone, no CC, and as far as I know I didn't violate ToS.

I can't re-up it, the exchange says it's already there, so EA, I think it's a little unfair that you'd remove it without an email to say why.

If you could put I back, that would be nice.

Message 9 of 13 (1,702 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ripplehill wrote:

One of my lots disappeared as well, there didn't seem to be any valid reson for it. Like Shadoza 

I didn't copy anyone, no CC, and as far as I know I didn't violate ToS.

I can't re-up it, the exchange says it's already there, so EA, I think it's a little unfair that you'd remove it without an email to say why.

If you could put I back, that would be nice.

sorry but we did not and do  not remove any uploads from the exchange we are users like you an try to help people out with gaming issues if at all possible

and i would also assume if anyone's item's are removed from the exchange via purging then it is gone and may not be able to be put back up

try rename the lot in game to a different name-export-upload

Message 10 of 13 (1,698 Views)