September 2014 - last edited September 2014 by Andromache2013
Hello! I noticed there isn't an easy-to-find process on manually uninstalling The Sims 4, so I decided to write up the steps here. I hope you find this helpful. mileyhappy:
First let's back-up your save files (if you have any, yet).
1. In Windows XP, Vista, and 7 click on the start button and select "Documents" or "My Documents."
2. Open the Electronic Arts folder, and then The Sims 4
3. Inside of The Sims 4 folder, locate "saves."
4. Move the saves folder to your desktop or an external device to ensure they are not affected by the uninstall.
If The Sims 4 is saved to the default location (the C: drive), then follow the steps below. If you have it saved to another drive, you may need to do a bit of digging to find the Origin Games folder.
1. In Windows XP, Vista, and 7 click on the start button and select "Computer" or "My Computer."
2. Navigate to the Program Files folder
3. Select the Origin Games folder and locate The Sims 4.
4. Right-click and delete The Sims 4 from the Origin Games folder.
Now let's head over to the registry. You can access the Registry Editor by holding down the Windows key + R and typing "regedit" (without quotes) into the Run prompt.
1. Back-up your registry (very important) by clicking "File" and then "Export"
2. Make sure that the Export Range is set to "All" instead of "Selected Branch" before naming and saving the file.
3. Your cursor may become a loading symbol while the registry is exported. Once it has returned to normal, proceed with the next steps.
Let's start deleting the registry keys.
1. Expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder by clicking the triangle next to the folder icon.
2. Expand the SOFTWARE folder.
3. Expand the Maxis folder.
4. Right-click and delete The Sims 4 folder, if it appears
5. Collapse the Maxis folder.
6. Expand the Microsoft folder.
7. Expand the Windows folder.
8. Expand the CurrentVersion folder.
9. Expand the Uninstall folder.
10. Delete the following folder if it appears: (in brackets) 48EBEBBF-B9F8-4520-A3CF-89A730721917
Empty your Recycle Bin and restart your PC. If you have a cleaning software that you know and trust, run that before your restart. The Sims 4 is now completely uninstalled from your system and ready for a fresh install!
You can recycle these steps for The Sims 4 CAS Demo, as well (replace "The Sims 4" in the steps above with "The Sims 4 CAS Demo").
The code you will be looking for in the Uninstall folder (in the registry) is this, instead: 6908ED99-F02B-4E99-A202-3FAC99C510ED.