Re: [FAQ] Lost and broken DVDs and missing serial codes - What to do ?

by ClAiReRuShXx

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

the way it works is the origin account and the sims 3 account use the same email and password which then ties your code to that account but since you made an other account your getting the code is used message so you need to contact CS so they can assist  with mergeing your accounts

to contact CS here's how

http://eahelp.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

or

1. https://help.ea.com/contact-us

2.Set your language to US at the bottom

3.Describe your issue with a few words  

4.Select Product: The Sims 3

5.Select Category: Billing/Purchasing or Account Management

6.Select Platform: PC

7.Click Find solution

8.Scroll down and click I still need help

9.Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

Message 41 of 98 (1,119 Views)

★★ Novice

You are a God amongst men! This was a great help to me, thanks a lot for posting it!

Message 42 of 98 (1,113 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So, if i registered the game, i should be able to download it through origin AND get my cd key back?

Message 43 of 98 (1,107 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@ xbrightknee welcomes Standard smile

@ mralcap  yes log into your origin account then to find your game code try this to find the game code log into your origin account right click the game icon-show game details your code should be there  make a note of your code have pen and paper handy 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Invalid-and-Used-Serial-Codes-amp-Games-not-showing-up-in/m-...

http://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-Help-Beta/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/td-p/...

but if you then you  want to download the digital version of the game  if you have a disk version of the game you lost your code for that you'll need to uninstall the disk version before downloading the digital version of the game

edi to add if you do decide to download the digital version please take note of this if you get a DLC alert to be able to install the download version without reinstalling despite that message, do not click on the download button in origin click on the “i” (information) button  this will open another window that also has a download button click on that to install

Message 44 of 98 (1,106 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!

Message 45 of 98 (1,090 Views)

Hero (Retired)

welcomes Standard smile

Message 46 of 98 (1,089 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have lost the booklet witht he serial code on, and cannot acess the account that I used to put my ep on. I also do not want to email them because it could take forever for a reply, and I cannot contact customer support via phone call because they are only open Monday-Friday and it's a Saturday. I don't want to wait either, so what do I do?

Message 47 of 98 (1,046 Views)

Hero

We're users here and we can't help you. You either need to wait till monday or you can contact US live chat which is availble 24/7

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 48 of 98 (1,044 Views)

Re: [FAQ] Lost DVD's Sims 3- What to do ?

★★★ Newbie

Hi, i want to asked you about my SIms 3 disc. I lost my sims 3 disc the base one but i still have the cd box and code. When i buy katy perry expansion pack i just used the katy perry disc to play because it already connect to the sims 3. and few weeks ago i buy World adventures expansion pack but when i click the World adventure it always open in katy perry edition so i quit & quit again and still like that so i decided to delete the katy perry. and try to open the World adventure again, and it cannot be open and also cannot open to the sims 3. ( i think it because i delete katy perry ) so it have to download the sims 3 again but the problem is i lost my cd,. So i think i will buy the sims 3 again but i cant find in store here in singapore it always out of stock. Huaaa, I just buy the World adventure but because of this i havent play it yet, have any idea to solve this problem so i didnt have to buy a new Sims 3? ( i use macbook )

Message 49 of 98 (1,028 Views)

Re: [FAQ] Lost DVD's Sims 3- What to do ?

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@anggialarasati the Katy Perry one is your newest installed released game they combine for playing world adventures is older than the Katy Perry one so your game plays from the Katy Perry one also if your lost your original game disk then see this

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Lost-and-broken-DVDs-and-missing-serial-codes-What-to-do/td-...

edit typo

Message 50 of 98 (1,027 Views)