Re: [FAQ] Lost and broken DVDs and missing serial codes - What to do ?

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero

What Sims are you talking about ? Sims 1 or Sims 2 ?

I think you should be able to redeem the Sims 2 code as well. Not sure about Sims 1. Contact Customer support for that.

They can be found here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us/ask

Choose a category, a game and a platform for the contact options to show up.

If live chat is gray, change your country to US and make sure you're on US Business hours. It might also gray because they're very busy. Try later.

See this post if you have trouble with the site: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/how-to-contact-ea.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 98 (3,416 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I cant seem to understand how you get your serial number coz I read your post about 10 times n I still don't understand pliz help me guys

Message 22 of 98 (3,408 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked perfectly.  I logged in to Origins and they had what I needed.

Thanks.

Bwellius

Message 23 of 98 (3,400 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay, so I found where to look on my external hdd, unfortunately the file I need (in my users folder) isn't there, Windows 7 refuses to open it in regedit and will only open it in wordpad and it only comes out in gibberish code. So my  question is if I had regisetered my game on the site (I think I did) how can I get the serial number?

Message 24 of 98 (3,392 Views)

Hero

If the things in the links I gave you don't work, I really don't know.

Did you try contacting EA ?

The AnswerHQ is about Users helping Users.

They can be found here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us/ask

Choose a category, a game and a platform for the contact options to show up.

If live chat is gray, change your country to US and make sure you're on US Business hours. It might also gray because they're very busy. Try later.

See this post if you have trouble with the site: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/how-to-contact-ea.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 98 (3,391 Views)

★★ Novice

do you use your webcam for the live chats?

Message 26 of 98 (3,360 Views)

★ Pro

@thesims3hahaha wrote:

do you use your webcam for the live chats?

Live chat just means that you'll be talking with a game adviser in real time, like talking with someone on skype. There is no  cam envolved. A chat window will open and you'll talk directly to a game advisor.

Message 27 of 98 (3,359 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried your "find" a code in the regedit process.  And it shows all the expansions ok (with the codes) but it doesn't show worlds?  When I look at my account on Sims3 it says I don't have certain worlds that I do.  I know I do because I can play in them.  Monte Vista is one of them.  The website says I don't have it (the icon is dark), so I thought I just needed register it?  I bought this one on disc (not Origin) so checked my booklet for the code.  It doesn't have the last 4 digits I'm used to seeing on these serial codes.  Do the World Pacs have smaller codes?  There should be 5 sets of 4 digits each, but I only have 4 sets of 4 digits eacj.  So, if I enter this "short" code, it says it's invalid.  I sent an email to EA some time ago but never got a response.  Can you help me with this?

Message 28 of 98 (3,345 Views)

★★ Novice

Because I bought a new computer, I want to put the games again:
a.  The Sims 3 (BAsic)
b.  The Sims 3 Seasons
c.  The Sims 3 Pets

I have download the SEASONS and PETS with origin, but I can' t download The Sims 3 basic game. Why?

Message : ''The serial number is used''. Why? I have not download the game.....

Message 29 of 98 (3,321 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Got the sims 3 a few days ago , installed it on an old computer , just to test and I didn't knew the code was usable only once ... when I installed the game on my laptop and wanted to play , I had to enter the serial code , wich I did and I told me that the code was wrong ... I understood that I already used it when I was testing the game on my old PC ....

What should I do ? :/ ( The sims3 I got is just the base game , using Origin and it's all in Russian ...should I ask for a new code in the russian support service or I can ask it from the US support service ?

PLEASE HELP !

Message 30 of 98 (3,270 Views)