Re: [FAQ] Lags & Freezes

by vermillionjester

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Hi ya, ok yes this has happened regularly with new games started since way back about world adventures, Just not all.

The 2 current families are brand new started with supernatural and they are the only current familys, I recently had my computer re-set wiping everything and re-loaded all the sims games and expansions just before supernatural came out.

and how do I do resetsim? and what does it do? I don't want to loose what progress I've made unless necessary. Already lost heaps over time due to the locking up just becoming too much.

Message 21 of 131 (2,965 Views)

Hero

resetting a Sim simply puts them in a safe position. Problem is, they often get stuck, especially in WA towns where the routing is very bad. Most towns have routing issues so Sims hang and can't get away. By using the cheat resetsim * you put them all back in their home.

No progress is lost. All they do is stop wha they are currently doing (so they all leave work and such but you can just re-send your actives).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 131 (2,960 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

All right I'll try this and see what happens. Though it's the entire game locking up not just individual sims.

Message 23 of 131 (2,958 Views)

Hero

That's what happens if they get stuck. The game will use all it's power to try to push those Sims to do something else and you'll get lags and freezes on any high end machine.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 131 (2,955 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok thank you it's working kind of, it does get things running again but still very laggy. havn't played too much since the resetsims but in the time I have played it hasn't locked up completely. I'll just keep an eye on it and come back if it starts happening frequently again. though if it's a pathing issue with the game I suppose best I can hope for is a patch to fix it LOL

Message 25 of 131 (2,924 Views)

Hero

What hood are you playing ? Unfortunately they once said the worlds are as-is and won't be correct. Bridgeport and the WA towns have the worst issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 131 (2,914 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The supernatural town, Moonlight Falls. It's the only town with games at the mo

Message 27 of 131 (2,910 Views)

Hero

I haven't had any major issue in Moonlight Falls so far but it seems it has its problems too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 131 (2,908 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same problem and have come to the conclusion that it is Windows 7. How we get it resolved I don't know as there seems to be nobody that can give a proper answer. I feel robbed of all the cash I have spent.

Good luck. Just thought I would let you know you are not alone.

Message 29 of 131 (2,848 Views)

origin sims3 origin freezes won't let me play games

★ Novice

I have tried and tried to download my games from Origin, I have Sims3 purchased from amazon but I registered it on origin, I then purchased Pets from Origin, I did not download from Origin as it would just lock up, then I bought Ambitions registered on sims  site on Origin, My games show up I try to load using launcher I get Sims 3, sims pets, then it asks what town I want and no matter what town I pick it starts to load and then just STOPS.  How do I remove the games from my computer can I just do it in the my computer area and delete and then reinstall???  pLEASE SOMEONE HELP

Message 30 of 131 (2,795 Views)