Re: [FAQ] Lags & Freezes

by kelkin26

Original Post

Game freezes when saving

★★ Novice

Hi, I've been having a problem with saving my game. Often when I to save, my computer completely freezes up and has to be shut down. This is really affecting my ability to play as I have to keep replaying the same day over and over. My computer is way over the minimum requirements for everything except the graphics card, so could this be the problem? 

jessr1312

Message 11 of 131 (5,899 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey this is what happens to me, after I have installed the new update 1.38 and supernatural.

*  First the game struggles to cancel the intro when I click or hit enter.

1. Gameplay lasts about 20-30mins and crashes at random points.
2. After that the game freezes for about a min or two (sound still working sometimes but no plant movement but still able to move cursor)
3. After that the screen produces horizontal lines which looks like the gameplay screen very blurred (see image)
[url]http://tinypic.com/r/2pt712x/6[/url]
4. Computer crashes goes to blue screen 'dumping memory'
5. Computer restarts asking if I want to go in safe mode.

Sometime when I start again it has lost the game, still shows but the family image has disappeared for the icon and the game doesn’t work.

Also the Sims 3 website is causing my computer to crash.

My system:

Hewlett-Packard
HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
5.1 Windows Experience Index
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P7450 @ 2.13GHz 2.13GHz
4.00GB RAM
32-bit operating system.

I love the sims been playing since the original came out, hope someone can fix this problem I miss my sims and was really looking forward to supernatural Frown

Message 12 of 131 (6,108 Views)

Hero

This looks like more of a hardware issue.

Your processor is rather low. What's your graphic card.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 131 (6,105 Views)

Game Freezes after update can no longer play

★★★ Newbie

I updated the game for the new patch and the game started crashing (blue crash screen).  I uninstalled one expansion pack, lowered my resoultion on the screen in my computer and the game and it would continue to crash.  Now it doesn't crash anymore and not sure how that got fixed from crashing, but what it does is, i start a new game and choose the household I want to move in, move them in and the game freezes!  I can't do anymore and it stays that way forever until I go to task manager to end the session.  I have had this game on this computer for a year and never had a problem until that update...now I can't play the games I spent a lot of money on!  I have gone to Microsoft and updated everything for Windows 7...I have updated through my computers maker for graphics and what not...it just doesn't want to work anymore!  I have enough RAM so memory isn't the problem either...I don't know what to do anymore!  Help Me Please!! I love this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 14 of 131 (5,897 Views)

Game freezes or very very slow after a few minutes into the game

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I have a Dell Ultrabook, i5, 6G RAM, Intel HD 4000 graphics.. brand new.  I just installed Medieval Sim and latest patches. 

The game will play fine for a few minutes and then it just freezes or is very very slow. 

I went into options and reduced video detail to medium.  Looked at RAM performance was at a steady of 3G usage.  Not sure what else to do. 

Any ideas?

GwenS

Message 15 of 131 (5,901 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for posting this! I downloaded the Sims 3 Supernatural and everything ept freezing but i used resetsim * and now everything it perfect! thank you so much!

Message 16 of 131 (6,069 Views)

★ Novice

I have all of the Sims EPs up to Supernatural and some of the SPs installed on my brand-spanking new computer.

-Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)

-Inspiron One 2330

-Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770S CPU @ 3.10GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz

-Memory: 8192MB RAM -Available OS Memory: 8072MB RAM

-Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

-1696 MB

-Dedicated Memory: 64 MB

-Shared Memory: 1632 MB

-Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (59Hz)

However, my game is crashing. Sometimes in CAS, sometimes thirty or forty minutes into gameplay, or sometimes right after I try to move a family in. THe screen will either lock up completely or take me to my desktop with the message that the Sims 3 has stopped working.

I have been working with EA customer service and all of their solutions have yet to work. I've tried lowering my graphics options and my screen resolution. I've tried uninstalling the base game and downloading the latest patch after reinstall. I've tried putting the Sims in the DEP section. Nothing has worked. I've come back to these games after a long break and would really like to start playing them again. Please help. If there are any suggestions or ideas, I'll try them.

Message 17 of 131 (6,048 Views)

FREEZING in CAS

★★★ Novice

I am playing on a MacBook Pro/ OS X 10.6.8 /8 MB memory/NVIDIA GEforce 9600m GT 512 mb

I have been having trouble making Sims in CAS ever since installing 'PETS'. Constant 'exception raised blahblah' errors.

Just installed 'SUPERNATURAL' and the CAS problem has immediatley become much worse in that I can't make a Sim at all because the game just FREEZES my whole laptop and I have to use the power button to shut it down.

Not good at all.

I just want to make a pretty Fairy to play with, not too much to ask for the £30 I just spent.

The game also freezes while building or just playing but it is almost immediate while in CAS.

Yes I have lots of cc and a few Mods but the are all updated for 'SUPERNATURAL'

Message 18 of 131 (5,904 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi having major problems here and it's been happening for a while. The game completely locks up except for music, can't even get into options. Sometimes this is only a few moments, sometimes it's complete. And it doesn't happen on all saved games. E.g. currently we have 2 supernatural families in the new town that came with the game. 1 of only 2 people witch and fairy, one of 5 people, vamp, were, fairy, ghost, witch. The large family is locking up but the small one not as of yet. I thought size might be a problem but it's happened before supernatural was installed with families ranging from 1 person to many. It's been happening since about the first expansion before we put any custom content and the only custom content in the game is EA stuff, not user made and down loaded. The game is fully up to date as are the graphics drivers on my computer. And e aren't running any mods, just the basic game and expansions/stuff packs. We've even turned down the in game graphics hoping this will help even though the computer should be able to handle it. Comp and graphics card specs to follow.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 9/22/2012, 10:48:00
       Machine name: SVARTALFAR-PC
   Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: NEC Computers International
       System Model: NEC POWERMATE
               BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad  CPU   Q9550  @ 2.83GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
             Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3070MB RAM
          Page File: 2068MB used, 4070MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Display Devices
---------------
          Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
       Manufacturer: NVIDIA
          Chip type: GeForce GTS 250
           DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
         Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0615&SUBSYS_34E71458&REV_A2
     Display Memory: 2286 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 1007 MB
      Shared Memory: 1279 MB

Message 19 of 131 (6,015 Views)

Hero

- Do you have the same issues on a new game ?

- Have you tried the resetsim cheat ?

- How long have you been playing this particular savegame ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 131 (6,002 Views)