Re: [FAQ] Invalid and Used Serial Codes & Games not showing up in Origin

by RazbunnyFlux

Original Post

[FAQ] Invalid and Used Serial Codes & Games not showing up in Origin

[ Edited ]
Hero

Here the official instructions how to register your games: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Information-How-to-Register-The-Sims-3/td-p/387162/

If your game is showing up on the MyGames tab in the Origin client, it's registered.

I that doesn't work, here's a few things you can try

Invalid or Used Serial Codes

• It seems that if you get the download version at Origin, your game is automatically added to your account at thesims3.com IF your accounts are connected. It just doesn't show up under registered games cause the icons are broken. Try redeeming your limited edition codes anyways (see below) and also log out and back in on thesims3.com
  • Make sure you've typed the code correctly. 0 and O, B and 8 and 2 and Z look very similar, so try both variations if you're not sure
  • If you use the product code at Origin, try the one in the email instead if they are not the same or the other way round
  • Contact Customer Support. If your code is indeed already used or invalid, only they can help you since they can look into your account. If you have proof of purchase, they can issue you a different one.

Invalid Redemption Codes

• Do not attempt to redeem those codes at Origin. It will render them useless and you will need to contact Customer Support.
  • This post lists all still valid links: How to redeem the limited edition content. You need to redeem the right code at the right page or it won't work.
  • Contact Customer Support. If your code is indeed already used or invalid, only they can help you since they can look into your account. If you have proof of purchase, they can issue you a different one.

The Game does not show up in Origin to download

• Log out of the Origin client and back in
  • Make sure you're running the latest version of Origin.
  • Try the steps described here: Purchased download not visible in Origin
  • You might need to wait a little longer. There are a lot of people trying to download the game which puts a lot of strain on the servers. I do not know how it works but if I were EA, I would restrict the number of simultaneous downloads and let the ones that pre-ordered early download first.
  • If you got an email with your code but it's not showing up in Origin, try redeeming the code in the client
  • Monitor this thread for updates: The Sims 3 Seasons and Origin / not able to download pre-ordered Seasons
  • Contact Customer Support. They might be quite busy though
  • Buy the DVD next time. You can redeem that at Origin as well so you can start playing with the DVD and then when it's less busy, uninstall the EP and download from the Origin to get the download version.

If you have more suggestions, please post them here.

If non of the solutions work for you, please also post here, stating WHERE the code doesn't work. When trying to register on thesims3.com or on game installation ?

------------------------------------

Did this FAQ help you with your issue ? If so, please consider pressing the XP button

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 96 (138,081 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you by the way ....: )

Message 2 of 96 (137,723 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Thanks, I logged out of Sims 3 and back in, now it shows up automatically under my games. Woot!

Message 3 of 96 (137,641 Views)

★ Novice

I've logged out, received my product code and limited edition codes but I still can't download the game.....

Message 4 of 96 (137,463 Views)

Hero

Logged out in Origin or thesims3.com ?

Is it still grey or not there at all ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 96 (137,454 Views)

★★★ Novice

I received a code with only four sets of letters/numbers instead of five. Like this ****-****-****-****

Both the website registration and the in game registration requires 5 sets. I think this is just an invalid serial code?

Message 6 of 96 (137,422 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. I received an email from EA stating that the Sims 3: Seasons and packages were available for download. I attempted to download Seasons last night- it got to the step of entering my product key and it kept telling me it was "invalid". So, I contacted EA last night.. given a new product key and yeah..still does not work. I was advised that maybe my payment had not gone through yet-but on my bank acct the money has already been taken out; and if it has not worked today then to contact them back. Well.. Now I'm just waiting. Hopefully, everyone's problem will get solved. 

Message 7 of 96 (137,355 Views)

Hero

@hairyox: That is the code for the limited edition content which you can redeem here: http://www.thesims3.com/incentive/SeasonsRedeem.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 96 (137,360 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the same problem, i pre ordered in september and i received ths week a mail with codes for the iced bar and costumes, i downloaded the game on origin and when i want to install i dont have the good codes i didnt not receive the code asked to register i only have the goodies, and yesterday the 39 99 euros where taken on my bank account, i am very disappointed because i cant play anymore

i have already ordered sims additionnals and pre ordered (supernatural and it was great i received the codes

i have tried to phone to ea games but no answer after 20 minutes and i have written mails but no answer

Message 9 of 96 (136,698 Views)

Hero

Try live chat. You'll need to change the country to US if it doesn't light up to be used.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 96 (136,676 Views)