[ARCHIVED] How to use Mods/CC on PC

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Mods not showing up

Hero
@retrofloof Merged your post with the main FAQ thread on this.

Could you try all the suggestions on the first page.

Also be aware that a lot is outdated and needs updating with yesterday's patch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 338 (2,390 Views)

★★ Novice

I've read the replies and got the .rar files figured out and they work. But I'm trying to do what you've suggested in "Common pitfalls" with the .zip files and they don't show up. They show up when I boot up the game, but not the character creator screen in which some traits were supposed be there.

Message 32 of 338 (2,370 Views)

Hero
@retrofloof They might just be outdated.

Could you post a screenshot of your doc folder where you have these mods ? (make sure to remove any personal information form the screenshot)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 338 (2,360 Views)

★★ Novice

Here. Screenshot (333)_LI.jpg

Message 34 of 338 (2,351 Views)

Hero
@retrofloof Checked some of these.

The Mod from Kialauna hasn't been updated since Feb 2018. Doubt that still works

The Simslover one is also very old in it's MTS version but if you google kiarasimsfourmods you might find a more current version for that that hopefully works. Can't say if it's compatible with the current patch though

Any others you have issues with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 35 of 338 (2,349 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't have any of the ones that don't work on there because I've uninstalled them for that reason. Basically it's the ones that have .zip file on them that don't appear in the game. Again, they appear on the start menu but not in the actual gameplay. I've done what you suggested in one of the older posts (which was to double click on the file and drag the package in the mods folder) and doesn't work. Also my settings are on for mods too.

Message 36 of 338 (2,347 Views)

Hero
@retrofloof

The goal of the screenshot was to see if those that don't show up are installed correctly.

Zip files also need to be decompressed but as script mods used to be zip files a very long while ago, it's maybe why they show up in the list. Do they have them as zip or package files ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 338 (2,345 Views)

★★ Novice

Normally when I boot up the game they're now package files. But they're not showing up in the actual gameplay.

Message 38 of 338 (2,305 Views)

Hero
@retrofloof Can you post another screenshot WITH the files in, indicating which ones you have issues with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 39 of 338 (2,298 Views)

Custom Content not appearing in library/game

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Vampires, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Custom Content does not appear in the buy menu. When searching by name i can find the description and hotlink to the folder that it should appear in. The names appear in the mod list when enabling mods as well. **Mods still seem to function fine, and have been updated Custom skins and clothing still function. I have removed CC, added it back and removed again. Adding back only CC that HAS been updated, but even THAT CC does NOT APPEAR in the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? CC just missing
What do you expect to see? my CC. about 500 buy/build items that all appeared in the game until recently. Now I haven't been playing the game TOO often, so this could have happened after July.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I believe the issue started with the lead up to Snowy Escape. But it could have started with the Journey to Batuu update?

Custom Content does not appear in the buy menu. When searching by name i can find the description and hotlink to the folder that it should appear in. The names appear in the mod list when enabling mods as well.

**Mods still seem to function fine, and have been updated Custom skins and clothing still function. I have removed CC, added it back and removed again. Adding back only CC that HAS been updated, but even THAT CC does NOT APPEAR in the game.

Message 40 of 338 (2,287 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help