by crinrict

Original Post

Re: sims 4 mods issue

Hero
@1ayy2 Glad to hear that helped :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 61 of 338 (2,184 Views)

Do you have to already have a save game for mods to show up in The Sims 4?

★★ Novice

I have tried everything I know to get my mods to show up under my mods section in The Sims 4 loading screen. I'm completely new to the game on PC and I'm especially new to mods. I've researched and watched videos on how to operate mods and install them and all of that. I even deleted all of my mods and everything to do with the game, uninstalled it, and reinstalled it just to get the mods back and try again and still, nothing worked. I've been in this process for about three or four days now and I just want to play my game with my pretty little mods. I just want to know if I have to already have started an actual game and not just run The Sims 4 for it to work, as that is the only thing I haven't tried. I'm just asking before I do it so that I don't waste my time and energy just to get disappointed all over again.

Message 62 of 338 (2,166 Views)

Re: Do you have to already have a save game for mods to show up in The Sims 4?

@XxCheekyArchxX  I've merged your post with the master thread for how to use mods.  Please see the first post on page one for suggestions.

To answer your question, no, you don't need to have a save in order for the mods to work.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 63 of 338 (2,145 Views)

Re: [FAQ] How to use Mods/CC

★★★ Newbie

well. I downloaded something from the sims resources. added it to the mods folder but cant use it. What do i do now?

Message 64 of 338 (2,114 Views)

@JJCosplays  The content might not be compatible with your patch level, in which case you won't be able to use the item.  Check the download page for compatibility.

Message 65 of 338 (2,110 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I figured it out. Standard smile

Message 66 of 338 (2,087 Views)

Mods

★★★★★ Newbie

I cant find or how to put mods in the mods

Message 67 of 338 (2,081 Views)

Re: Mods

@Morgan_85321  I've merged your post with the master thread about how to use mods.  Please read the first post on page one for more information.

Message 68 of 338 (2,063 Views)

Mods don't show up. Version 1.73.57.1030

★★ Novice

HI everyone, a long time simmer here!

I've always used mods in my gameplay, mostly the same ones for about a year, every update I've never had any issues with still using the mods I just redownload any that are out of date. However, this new update erased all my saved games and none of my mods work even though I deleted and reinstalled the updated mod versions. I turned on mods in the options and script mods and even though all the files are in my mods folder for the current version they don't pop up on my start screen? How do I get my mods to work again? I uninstalled and reinstalled and I cleaned all my files, started again, cleared my cashe, I don't know what else to try, this has never happened with the other updates. Any help is appreciated. 

Message 69 of 338 (2,059 Views)

Re: Mods don't show up. Version 1.73.57.1030

Hero
@tllmac I merged your post with the master mod thread

Please check the first post, especially the common pitfall section to see if any of the suggestions there help you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 70 of 338 (2,039 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help