Re: Eye Color won’t change

by crinrict

Original Post

Eye Color won’t change

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 82
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on eyes of new sims
What happens when the bug occurs? New eye Sims eye color does not change
What do you expect to see? I keep trying to get the color option, but am unable to do so with new Sims
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated to the most recent patch

I can’t seem to change the eye color of newly generated Sims. I randomizes as well, but it didn’t work. The Sims I made before updating were unaffected, and I know it’s the patch because I didn’t have this issue before then. Is anyone else having this issue?

Message 1 of 6 (2,221 Views)

Hero
@magnoliasims1 Did you test this without mods/cc installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (2,208 Views)

★ Novice

Sorry for the delayed response. Yes I did. What's weird is, when I don't pick the new Story Mode my CC eyes pop up, and the Sims I've made with those eyes come out fine. If I randomize, or use a Sim I haven't altered, the eye issue arises.

Message 3 of 6 (2,180 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (2,163 Views)

Hero
@magnoliasims1 Have you been able to resolve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (2,134 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (2,116 Views)