Re: Expansions not in Launcher

by Summerbear5

Original Post

Expansions not in Launcher

★★★★★ Novice

I'm so upset, and I don't know what to do. I have The Sims 3 Base and 7 Expansions and 1 Stuff Pack. I have Pets, Seasons, Generations, University, World Adventures, Showtime, Supernatural, and Master Suite Stuff.

Everything was fine last night I played the game perfectly fine. Today the game was fine and I thought I would try to installed a Custom world...But the game crashed so I decided to Uninstall the world and just play the default worlds. That's when suddenly I got a message that content was removed from an existing save game. I checked my Sims 3 Launcher and 3 of my Expansions are missing. Seasons, University, and Supernatural. Origin says they are installed but the Launcher doesn't show them. I've repaired the game, Cleared the cache on Origin, Uninstalled and resinstalled the game, Uninstalled and reinstalled the game and origin. I got into Origin Support chat but they were no help. They had me uninstalled origin and install a different copy of origin but still the expansions are now showing in The Sims 3 Launcher. I've tried everything and nothing has worked and I don't know what to do. I've restarted my computer, ran antivirus stuff, ran registry cleaner and still the same 3 expansions will now show in the launcher! I really need help!

Message 1 of 7 (543 Views)

@Summerbear5  Please contact support again and ask specifically if the codes for those three missing packs are still active.  The symptoms you describe are exactly what happens when packs are blocked in someone's account, especially since clearing Origin's cache and uninstalling it didn't help.  Only a support rep can confirm this though, and they'd have to bring up your account details and check the status of each missing pack.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (528 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

When I was talking to Support the first time, they had already confirmed the expansions were active on my account.

Message 3 of 7 (519 Views)

@Summerbear5  One easy step to take is to clear the cache for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, the launcher does for some purposes.  Although it's not usually the cause of this particular error, it's much easier to fix an IE cache issue than to do a clean uninstall of everything, so it's worth trying first.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

If that doesn't help, then please do all of these steps in order:

• Remove your Sims 3 game folder from Documents\Electronic Arts (your desktop is fine) and rename it so that CCleaner doesn't flag it later
  • Uninstall all Sims 3 content
  • Clear Origin's cache:  https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/
  • Uninstall Origin "the hard way":  https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/
  • Run CCleaner in registry mode to remove all Sims 3 entries
  • Restart your computer
  • Download and install Origin again, and be sure to uncheck the box to automatically keep your games up to date
  • Download the Sims 3 base game alone, and confirm that it works
  • Download each pack one at a time, and check whether it shows up in the launcher; please also restart your computer after each one and check the launcher again before downloading the next one

I feel bad suggesting all this at once, but it's the most thorough intervention I know, short of wiping your hard drive and starting over.  (I'm absolutely not recommending that, just saying this process is the next best thing.)  There have been a few recent reports of packs disappearing, though it's not clear whether those packs are all still active.  If this is a new issue, it would be very helpful to know that a completely clean uninstall and reinstall of everything didn't fix it.

Message 4 of 7 (514 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yea I had done all that previously already. Frown

Message 5 of 7 (491 Views)

@Summerbear5  Okay, thanks for confirming.  I'll ask around about this issue and see what else you can do.  It might take a few days to get back to you though.

Message 6 of 7 (455 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @Summerbear5 Standard smile - I've sent you a DM about this, please, check your inbox here on the forums (top right corner)
Message 7 of 7 (436 Views)