Re: Expansion packs missing from sims 3 launcher

by originalxd

Original Post

Expansion packs missing from sims 3 launcher

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I originally got the seasons expansion pack for sims 3 through a disc I bought. I used to play sims 3 on the origin app before it got removed so  I reinstalled sims 3 and all the content I have for it using the EA app and even though the EA app states that I own the seasons expansion pack,  it no longer shows up on my sims 3 launcher and I cannot use it. Is there a way to fix this? I also own the pets expansion pack and the movie stuff pack which show up on my launcher, while seasons doesn't. 

Message 1 of 9 (1,250 Views)

@originalxd  Is Seasons actually installed?  The EA App has been refusing to download certain Sims 4 packs recently, so it might be doing the same with Sims 3.  Look for a folder labeled EP08 (Seasons was the eighth expansion released) inside the game's program files.  For an EA App install, this is the default location:

Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 3

If the folder is NOT present, Seasons isn't installed, whether the App thinks it is or not.  In that case, clear the App's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Restart your computer, open the App and your game library, click on Sims 3, click Manage > Manage Add-ons, find Seasons on the list, and click Download.

If the EP08 folder is in fact there, delete it and then try the above steps.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 9 (1,226 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Ignore this I accidentally posted the reply twice 

Message 3 of 9 (1,201 Views)

★★★ Novice

Seasons  is in fact installed in my sims folder, and even through following those steps, it still doesn't show up on my sims launcher. I got this sims 3 seasons cd as a gift a couple years back, and I've heard that a lot were from unauthorized sellers, and now  EA has pulled them back. I'm wondering if this could be the cause? If it is, would it be possible for me to email EA to take seasons off of my account so I could buy it officially? 

Message 4 of 9 (1,201 Views)

@originalxd  That may well be the issue here, and yes, you could ask an EA support rep to remove Seasons from your account to you could buy it again.  Before having it removed, it's worth asking if the product key is in fact invalid, just in case there's something else going on.  You can contact EA through the usual channel:

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

or through EA Help on Twitter or Facebook.

If you don't get anywhere with support the first time around, let me know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 9 (1,177 Views)

★★★ Novice

I talked to the customer support on the link you referenced to me. I mentioned the unauthorised seller problem for the cd, and asked if there was a way they could remove seasons from my EA account so I could purchase it officially. However, there seem to be no solutions coming from their side. Obviously I do not expect the customer support agent to have the power to remove seasons from my EA account, so maybe I have to wait a bit. Not sure, I don't even know if it's allowed for  EA  to  legally  remove it as the agent first asked me to get a refund of the cd so I could get it off my EA somehow. 

Message 6 of 9 (1,159 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I just want to play seasons lol... it's my favourite expansion

Message 7 of 9 (1,158 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there @originalxd,

If you purchased a copy of Seasons from an unauthorized retailer, and you're no longer able to access it from your account, that means it should have already been removed from your account. Did you at some point purchase a second version of Seasons on your account, or from another retailer? 

solaire.png

Message 8 of 9 (1,115 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Solaire That’s a very good point, I completely forgot I might’ve bought it digitally as the disc has been semi-broken for a while before I bought sims 3 on my new account. I think it’s most probable that I bought it digitally a year ago. I COMPLETELY forgot. This kind of made me realise it might be a whole other problem. Sorry to waste your time guys
Message 9 of 9 (1,099 Views)